11

Chapter Eleven| Tyla

"I know," I replied to Mia, who contained to cuss me out through the phone.

"I am going to call the police." She suggested, "Then you'll be out in no time."

I shook my head, "It is more complicated than that."

"How is it more complicated?"

I heard someone walking into the living area, "I'll call you back."

Quickly hanging up the phone and putting it in my pocket, I took one of my notebooks and acted like I was beginning to do homework. Aris and Apollo, both entered, stopping when they saw me on the couch.

"Oh, Ty!" Aris shouted as he walked toward me. Since the office, Apollo and I haven't said anything. He nodded in my direction, as I did the same thing back to him.

"Hello," I replied softly.

"Have you seen Mister Fussy around?" He asked, making me laugh a little.

"No, at the moment, after yesterday evening, I haven't seen him." I explained, "Probably avoiding me since I know he can paint."

"Wait? He told you he could paint?" Apollo asked.

"You are the first person that found out he has a passion for painting." Aris exampled, "To be honest, he hasn't painted since mom passed."

"So that was the woman's name on the gravestone?" Both of their eyes opened in shock.

"Yeah," Aris answered, "You didn't know? Our dad, both Cristian and I believed he kill-"

"Uhh, we can't say anything more." Apollo quickly grabbed Aris from his shirt and dragged him from the room. I scrunched up my face in confusion, trying to figure out what happened before beginning my homework again.

When I finished the last part of my essay, I let out a long sigh of relief. Closing my laptop, I removed myself from the couch and headed into the kitchen. I opened the fridge to grab a bottle of water when the door closed. I almost had a heart attack. Cristian stood five feet away, leaning on the door with a slight smirk on his face.

"Looks like you saw a ghost." He joked.

With my hand across my heat, I glared at him, "You scared the shit out of me."

"I did?" He joked again as if this was amusing to him.

"Piece of shit," I mumbled under my breath before walking past him to head back into the living space.

"That's no way to speak with your future husband, love." He yelled back at me.

"Not if I killed you first," I yelled back.

I could hear him laugh out loud, "I would like to see you try."

I rolled my eyes as I headed back into the living space. As I was packing up my belongings, my phone begins to ring. Picking it up and without looking at the screen, I answered.

"Yes?" I answered.

"You'll never guess what happened." Mya voiced spoke through the speaker. A smile appeared on my face when I heard her voice.

"What happened?"

"Girl there was this fine ass white guy at the store," She exclaimed, "Almost had to control myself before jumping on him."

I laughed a little before answering, "Did you even get his number? And what about the dude you was seeing?"

"See it was going great but it is not clicking with me." She explained, "He is just not...I don't know how to say it but don't get me wrong he is a nice guy."

I shook my head at her since we were on facetime, "What about a name?"

"No, but I will text you when I get it." She explained, "Oo there he is. Let me call you back."

I laughed before hanging up the phone, "Okay."

Cristian

After speaking with Tyla, I walked into my office to get started on some work. I wanted to get this done before the end of the day. Gisella entered the office with her hood on her head, silently closing the door behind her.

"Are there any issues with the shipping?" Gisella shook her head while playing with her pocket knife.

"But, I did spot Cesar around the area." She stated, "But when he spotted me staring at him, he smiled and walked away."

"Did you go after him?!" I asked.

"Even if I could, you know he is sneaky like a snake." Gisella explained as she sits up, "I may be the best assassin you all have brother, but you have to remember who taught me."

I sighed, "What is he planning?"

"From what we know about Cesar, nothing good." She said.

I sat back in my chair, placing a hand on my face as I think of a way to settle this. There's no doubt that he has a plan up his sleeves, I just don't know what it is. He is very sneaky, and it is hard to figure what his motives.

"We need a bug." Gisella suggested, "Someone who can blend in and act natural while still working on our side."

"But that's the thing who can you trust." I stated, "There's no one in this business that has your best interest in mind."

"That is very true." She said, "What about Tatianna?"

"No," I answered while typing away on my computer.

"Why not?" She asked, "She is all about you anyway, plus she would easily settle in."

"I don't trust her." I told her, "I have a strong feeling that she is already working with him already."

"I mean she can be a double agent," She explained, "Think about it. We can give her false information about what is going while she can report it back to him, but she could give us the real deal of what's going on."

"There's a catch with her," I told her.

"What would that be?"

I glanced in her direction as she smirked, "You should know that answer."

"I mean what is the harm in that?" She added, "You are not tied down to anyone."

I shook my head, "We have to make it seem I am. Having her coming in and out of my office with everyone walking around going to start rumors."

"Well, we need to figure something out." I shook my head agreeing with her, "Before it is too late."

I know. I know.