13

Chapter Thirteen| Tyla

Mya passed the flat iron through the last strand of hair before placing it on the coffee table. She wanted me to try a new wig she made and since I wanted a protective style, I told her I'll wear it and see how it does. She sprayed and brushed down the hair and handed me the mirror she keeps in her bag. The complimented my skin well and it was a nice length. The smile was apparent on my face when I looked up at her.

"I take it that you love it," She said. I nodded before handing her back the mirror. She beginning cleaning up as it was almost time before Cristian gets home. My eyes rolled unintentionally as the thought of him annoys me.

He wanted me to stay in the house all day and night without being seen. That was boring since he barely lets me leave and when I do, he would send two bodyguards with me. I felt like a prisoner in my own skin. I understand that he wanted to keep this facade up but at least act like its fake and let me live.

"So who is this mystery man that you been talking to?"

She hid her face, a little blush forming on her cheeks, "Oh just someone."

"Mhm someone who," I questioned, "You'll be cheesing and typing on that phone all day."

"Mind ya business," She said with a smirk, pointing one of her manicured nailsin my direction.

I rolled my eyes, "Either I'm going to find out now or later."

"Fine,"

She tied her oversize rugrats shirt into a knot before making her way beside me on the couch. Her untamed curly hair frames her face as she brushed her hands through it to try to keep it down. My best friend was beautiful, and it surprises me that we have been friends for so long.

(Picture of  Mya)

(Picture of Mya)

She pulled her phone out and began to scroll before turning it around. I examined the picture and nodded my head. He didn't look half as bad. I knew she was beaming as all her 32 teeth are on for show. We continued to talk until one of the maids frantically ran into the room. She didn't have to say a word as I read it all over her face.

"He's back!" I yelped as Mya, and I scrabbled around to pack up the rest of her things. We both ran to the front door but realized he was coming through there.

"He's going to come through the front door," Mya said.

Then the idea hit me, "The back."

We rushed to the back door, and I waved one of the maids down to distract him, so she could make it out on time. She waved at me while she was heading towards her car. Fortunately, nobody noticed. I relaxed instantly, knowing we were able to get her out of here. I stayed for a good minute at the back before deciding to go inside.