PROLOGUE

"This is as far as I can take you, Sienna," a tall hooded figure said to a woman and her small child.

"Thank you, Daivik," she whispered, her bright violet eyes glimmering with starlight tears rolling down her brown cheeks. She looked down at the small hooded figure next to her.

The young girl's hood was pulled slightly back from her head exposing her thick curly starlight hair. Her little cheeks were wet with tears as she stared at the boy across from her.

The boy's crimson eyes were hard on her as he grabbed her hood, pulling it tight over her head to cover her hair. "You have to keep your hood over your hair, Rey," the boy hissed. "I'm not going to be around to keep pulling it up for you."

She nodded, wiping her tears trying to fight the sob rising in her chest. "K-Kova I don't want to go. I want to stay with you."

The boy's hard knotted brows softened, black tears welled in his eyes. He quickly blinked them back, shaking his head. "I don't want you to go either, but it won't be forever. My father will fix this. We'll be together again soon," he said and she crushed him with a hug, her body shaking with tears.

"I'll miss you so much." She cried and he pushed away from her, pulling her hood back over her head.

"I will too, but you have to be strong. Don't let them catch you."

"I won't," she said, shaking her head and her violet eyes darkened with anger.

"We have to go, Reyna," Sienna said, pulling her away from the young boy as the ground shook from an explosion that lit up the midnight sky and the burning village below.

"Let's go Lucian. We have to get back," Daivik said, taking the boy's hand but he held tight to Reyna's.

Sienna and Daivik looked at each other as the roars of demons grew louder in the forests around them.

"Stay safe, but you need to run!" Daivik said as they grabbed their children around their waists pulling them away from each other.

"We'll always find each other, Rey. Don't forget that!" Lucian yelled as his father ripped him away from her.

"Kova!" Reyna screamed, reaching for him as her mother ran with purpose through the trees.

"I know baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Sienna cried holding her head down as she ran to catch up with their coven.