10- Teach Me How to Witch

*Reyna*

When they returned to the academy, Reyna was a bit nervous to see Lucian. She knows they spent the weekend together getting to know each other again. It was great and so easy to fall back into being friends, but that was in private. He might have said he doesn't care about the society but it will be a test to see if he was being honest.

"Reyna!" She heard Elowen call to her as she ran down the hall and crushed her with a hug.

"Are you alright? We were all so worried about you!" She exclaimed, pulling away from her to look her over.

"Yeah I'm fine." She smiled.

"What the hell happened? Kyrell said Lucian was the one that stopped Thane."

"Yeah and he basically kidnapped you. What the hell was that about?" Kyrell asked joining them in the hall.

Reyna blushed nodding her head, "He didn't kidnap me. He was doing his duty."

Elowen's eyes grew wide, "I *knew* it, she whispered, "Lucian is your familiar isn't he?"

Kyrell coughed put a laugh, "You have got to be kidding me."

"Is that going to be a problem?" Lucian growled as he stood behind Reyna, towering over her. Elowen and Kyrell slowly shook their heads.

"Stop scaring my friends." Reyna laughed, tilting her head back to look up at him.

He blushed slightly, clearing his throat and he looked back at Elowen and Kyrell, "Sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out."

"N-no, I knew there was something odd about you two, but how is a demon your familiar?" Elowen asked and they shrugged.

Reyna sighed, "We haven't figured that out yet."  

Elowen shook her head,"You're a powerful witch to call a demon, but honestly I'd expect nothing less from a DiEdaan." She smiled.

"So it's true," Lucy smirked, "Lucian is the familiar to a DiEdaan. You and your clan are weak to allow this." She spat as the rest of the demon clique laughed around them. All but Thane, who hung his head in shame behind them.

Reyna's lips curled into a snarl and the flame inside of her sparked to life. She doesn't like them making fun of him. She let out a low growl, her eyes becoming opaque orbs of violet, "He's not weak."

*Lucian*

Lucian felt her power crackling through his veins. She may not be aware of it, but something is awake inside of her. She's acting out of primal instinct, and this energy is not her witch. He grabbed her arm tight to calm her before she lashed out at Lucy.

Rey, relax. It's not worth it. They're not my friends. He growled through their mental path. 

She sighed her eyes going back to normal, *I know, but I don't like them picking on you.* She grumbled and he chuckled. She is protective like a true mate.

"Aw look he stopped her, afraid we'll tear her apart again?" Nyx laughed and it was Lucian's turn to growl, his eyes deepening to black, his demon itching to rise. No one threatens his witch or his mate.

*Kova...stop, don't let them get to you.* She said gripping his arm, digging her nails into his skin to stop him from changing.

*She threatened you.* He growled.

*Let it go, let's not start a fight.* She growled back at him.

"Shut up, leave them alone. Lucian made his choice." Thane grumbled walking away from them.