25 - Mortal Tours

*Reyna*

Reyna sighed as she and Lucian walked into the main hall of the academy. Her head is pounding from the night before and she has to put on a smile for the damn mortals. Why dear Goddess did she drink so much last night?

Lucian looked down at her as she squinted her eyes and rubbed her forehead. He laughed softly taking her hand.

"Come here." He smiled, pulling her to the side of the hall. He put his hands on her cheeks, pressing his forehead to hers, whispering a healing spell over her.

"Is that a little better?" He asked, kissing her forehead.

"Yes, thank you." She sighed.

"Yeah, to be fair, I could've done that a while ago, but you need to wallow in that hangover pain." He grinned as she glared at him.

"You're a dick." She huffed.

"It's a good lesson, everyone has to go through it. Why do you think I only have two glasses of demon liquor and then I drink something else?" He laughed as they continued down the hall towards the dining hall.

"I don't think I ever noticed, but I'll keep that in mind, sensei." She grumbled. He laughed slipping his fingers through hers.

"Reyna, Lucian! Good morning!" Mr. Baptiste smiled, excitedly as they walked into the dining hall.

He's far too happy this morning. Reyna sighed as Lucian's laughter filled her mind.

The tables and chairs in the dining were draped with crisp white tablecloths. The tables were set with the finest tableware they didn't know the Academy had.

The tables were littered with mortal diplomats and their wide eyed teenage children sitting next to them. Other Magics council diplomats sat around them most without their children, who were present at the party last night all save for Nyx who was sitting proudly with her parents.

Ooo, I forgot Nyx was going to be at the breakfast. Are you well enough to handle her? Lucian chuckled, squeezing her hand.

I'll be fine as long as she doesn't call me Kali. I'm not in the mood for that. She growled.

I think she values her ability to speak. He laughed and she beamed looking up at him.

"So you two will be sitting with Ambassador John Archer and his wife Gloria. They have two children who are potentially enrolling next year, Greg and Julia." Mr. Baptise smiled giving them a name tag with their table number.

Well, here we go. Time to impress the mortals. Lucian smiled as they placed their name tags over the academy crest on their blazers.

I might be too hungover for this. Reyna groaned, putting her best smile on her face as they weaved through the tables towards the cinnamon haired and fair skinned family.

Oh this is going to be fun today. He chuckled shaking his head.

*Lucian*

"Hi! I'm Reyna DiEdaan and this is Lucian VonUmbra we're the Academy Ambassadors it's so nice to meet you." Reyna smiled, her freckles sparkling excitedly over her face. Any trace of a hangover or her annoyed mood was wiped from her face.

The family smiled brightly at them eagerly shaking their hands as they sat down.

"We were hoping we'd get to sit with you two. This is Greg and Julia we're trying to talk them into attending in the fall. We think this is such an excellent opportunity." Gloria exclaimed, she hasn't stopped smiling since she and Lucian sat down.