7 - Bad Grades & Mistakes

*Reyna*

Reyna and Lucian kept their distance from each other. They didn't speak to each, refusing to talk about what happened the night of her ceremony. 

The distance they were putting between them and the amount of energy Reyna was using to keep Lucian from their familiar bond was starting to take a toll on her.

At first it started with a bit of mental fog. Her grades started to slip slightly. She couldn't find the answers to any of the questions in class. She'd have the answer on the tip of her tongue, but it was gone the minute the teacher called on her.

"Reyna, I'm worried about you. It's not like you to let your grades slip like this." Her Policy studies instructor sighed, looking over her recent papers full of red marks. 

"I know, I'm sorry Ms. FeLuli." She said, looking away from her golden brown werewolf eyes. They always saw so much truth. 

"I know you're already accepted into Advanced Diplomacy, but if your grades keep plummeting like this I'm going to have to make a recommendation that you are removed from the programme."

Reyna looked up at her in shock, tears welling in her eyes, "No, Ms. FeLuli, please don't do that. I-I'll get my grades up. I can't lose my place." She pleaded, tears rolling down her cheeks. She has to get into Advanced Diplomacy it's what she's always wanted to do. Be a diplomat like her mother and an elite magic handler like her father. 

Ms. FeLuli's eyes softened as she placed her hand over hers,"I know you will, Reyna. I've known you for nearly two years now and you're just in a funk. You need to clear your head and focus." She said patting her hand.

Reyna nodded, picking up her books, "Th-thank you." She sniffed and quickly walked out of the classroom. She pushed through the crowding students in the hallway. She wiped her tears, walking angrily towards the dormitories. 

*Lucian*

Lucian backed away from the door when Reyna came marching out. He heard everything Ms. FeLuli said about her grades and her place in the diplomacy programme. He's not surprised she's been threatened with removal, she's been acting weird lately. She's so slow and that's not like her, he's beat her far too many times in debate class, in the past month.

A pang of guilt twinged in his heart. This can't be because of their familiar bond. No. If it was, he'd be feeling something too and he isn't. She's just sick, probably. 

He scowled, looking away from her retreating form. The dull ache and burn in his stomach gnawed at him again. His demon clawing at his insides to...to go after her?

No. He growled at himself. She's fine. He doesn't need to concern himself with her.

*Reyna*

Tears rolled down Reyna's cheeks and her power sparked and raged around her as she walked down the path towards the dormitory. She didn't care that the students were cowering away from her in fear. She can't believe her grades are this bad.

"Reyna!" Elowen called running up to her. Reyna looked at her, her power dissapating around her and her face crumpled and she let out a sob. 

"Hey, what's the matter? What happened?" Elowen asked hugging her. 

"I-I'm going to lose my place in Diplomacy." She cried holding her tight. 

"What? No, you can't lose your place." She said as she nodded. 

"My grades have been slipping in the last few months and I don't know what to do." She cried, she's never been bad at school. She's always excelled at everything, but she can't even comprehend what she's studying. This mental fog is really messing with her.