1 - Reyna - Hello, Again

A fifteen year old Reyna, stood on the steps of the expansive Magics Academy. She looked up and the tall stone structure with its multiple peaks that kissed the swirling pink and blue sky above them.

She couldn't wait to attend Magics Academy when she was younger. It's the best school in the realm. Every matriarch of the DiEdaan coven mastered their craft here. And now, she's the only one to return.

After the VonCaligo clan nearly desolated her coven during the genocide, she was the youngest living member left. Now that VonUmbra clan have returned to power and ended the seven year war. It was finally safe for her and her coven to reintegrate into society.

She took a deep breath, her hands shaking as she pushed open the large cherry wood door. She was nervous to attend school, but she was excited to be around people her age again. It's been seven years since she's been had any friends.

She sighed, walking through the halls of the academy, ignoring the awkward looks from the other creatures around her. She knew it was going to be a shock to the other students. It's been a while since they've seen a DiEdaan too.

She shook off her nerves, and let out a breath. Everything will be fine once she sees Kova. She wanted to tell him she was returning. She hoped she'd see him before she started school again, but he was never around when she went to his home with her parents.

She wrote to him everyday, knowing she could never send him her letters, but she held on to hope that they would see each other again. She smiled to her self as she walked through the main hall of the academy.

Her heart thumped in her chest seeing Kova leaning against the wall talking with a group of other demons.

His back was turned to her but she'd recognise his midnight hair and those black horns anywhere. Her eyes lit up with excitement as she ran toward him, her curly starlight hair flowing behind her, ignoring the stares and gawking eyes on her.

"Kova!" She yelled in excitement.

She saw him cringe, turning around to look at her. She stopped mid-run at the crimson glare he was giving her. Was he not happy to see her?

"That's not my name." He said coolly, his demon friends snickering around him.

"You must be the DiEdaan. Didn't your coven fill you in?" A blonde demoness smirked. Her piercing crimson eyes looked her up and down. She smoothed her hair, sliding closer to Lucian.

"What are you talking about?" Reyna frowned.

"Demons don't talk to DiEdaans." She smirked again, sliding her hand up Lucian's arm as if she were marking her territory.

Tears pricked the corners of her eyes, "Is that true, Kova?"

A snarled curled over his lips, a low growl rumbling in his chest, "It's true, Reyna. We're not friends anymore and my name is Lucian." He grumbled, pushing passed her, his friends following and laughing in her face.

Reyna stood in the middle of the hall, her shoulders shaking trying to keep her tears from falling. She ignored the looks of pity and amusement from the students around her. She covered her face and ran down the hall pushing into the bathroom. She stumbled into a stall, slumping down on the toilet and cried.

When did he become so mean?

A/N: This is Reyna's aesthetic if anyone was wondering what she looks like:

Art credit: Pinterest
Laia Lopez
Maxine Vee 'Stars'
Melanininterest