9 - Friends, again?

*Reyna*

Reyna woke to the moon shining in her face. She felt good. She frowned sitting up, how and why is she home? Her wounds are gone, she thought running her hand over her chest. She looked around her room and her heart thudded in her chest at Lucian curled up in the chair next to her bed holding his letters against his chest.

Her eyes grew wide, her mental barrier must've failed and he felt her distress. She put her head in her hands, he must be so mad at her. She peeked through her fingers to look at him, but why is he still here? Why is he holding his letters?!

She shook her head, blushing hard. She knows they're addressed to him, she wanted him to read them, but that was before he shunned her.

She needs to get that book and put her damn barriers back up before he wakes up. They can just pretend this never happened.

She slowly reached over to him, leaning out of the bed. She slowly began to slide the book out of his arms, careful not to wake him.

*What are you doing?* She heard his voice float through her mind. Her heart stuttered in her chest, her eyes grew wide as she slowly looked up at him. Her damn freckles were shimmering on her cheeks giving away her embarrassment. 

"Um, you...you don't want to read my stupid ramblings. The letters are so dumb." She mumbled, pulling her hand away from him.

"I've already read some of them and they aren't stupid or dumb." He grumbled holding the book tighter, "And since they're addressed to me, I'm going to finish reading them." 

She looked up at him her eyes wide. He wants to read them. Why is he being nice? "W-why aren't you mad at me?" 

He chuckled, shaking his head, "Oh I am angry with you." He said, closing the notebook, sitting up. 

She gulped at the fire burning behind his crimson eyes. She's seen him angry, but she's never seen that possessive look in his eyes, "I-I'm sorry, my mental barrier failed. I'll make it stronger this time, you don't have to feel our bond ever again." She said looking down at her hands, starlight tears brimming in her eyes.

"I'm not angry with you because of the familiar bond, I'm angry because you shut me out and purposely put yourself in danger, Reyna." He said but she wouldn't look at him. She kept her eyes focused on her shaking hands. Her heart thumped in her chest when he slid his fingers to her chin, tilting her head to look at him, "I never want to feel that disconnected to you again." He said and anger filled her eyes at his scolding tone.

"But you're the one that wanted me to shut you out!" She growled, pushing his hand away from her. He needs to make up his damn mind about this.

"I know and I'm so sorry, Rey. I know you don't want my apology but you have it. What I did was wrong." He sighed dejectedly, hanging his head in shame.

She sighed and shook her head. She needs to take some responsibility for this this too. She couldn't expect him to just accept being her familiar when nothing like this has ever happened before, "You don't have to say sorry. I need to apologise for choosing you. You never wanted this." 

"No you don't, you don't have to apologise. You didn't have any control over this either." He said hesitantly taking her hands, "I made an oath to you, Rey. My soul accepts being your familiar, but I was being selfish and cared more about my pride and my reputation than  what I was doing to you, what you were doing to yourself. I'll never let that happen again. I'm sorry I made you feel like I didn't want to have any part of this and I'm so sorry for the way I've treated you these last couple years. I should've always been your friend. I hope you can forgive me one day."