19 - A Proper Change

*Reyna*

Reyna watched Lucian shrug a backpack and another duffel bag over his shoulder as they stood in front of a large dark wood door. There were intricate carvings in the wood representing the Terran elements of VonUmbra demons. 

"What's with all of the gear?" She asked.

"It's medical supplies and lots of food, you're going to be hungry." Lucian said and her eyes grew wide. 

"M...medical supplies? I thought you said my demon wouldn't hurt me!" She shrieked as Daivik and Marika laughed, walking up to them. 

"It's just for precaution, the change can get pretty bloody, but don't worry, Lucian will guide you through it. Our clan will be watching to help you as well." His mother smiled. 

"We do this as a family, Reyna. We won't let anything happen to you." Lilith squeezed her hand as the rest of the VonUmbra clan stood behind them. Knowing they would all be with her through this, oddly made her feel calm. A clan is just like a coven. They are one unit, no one suffers alone. 

She took a deep breath and smiled, "Thank you."  She nodded, sliding her fingers through Lucian's. "I'm ready, let's do this." 

Lucian smiled brining her hand to his lips, "You're going to be fine." He said, pushing the door open.

The stone steps leading down to the lair were lined with iron sconces filled with demon fire lighting their path. The smooth walls of the estate soon turned ragged the deeper they walked into the Earth. Reyna was fascinated by the deep caverns and rivers of lava that moved through the lair. It smelled of sulfur and heat the further they descended into the lair. There were small coves carved out of the ragged rock, some of them looking like small dwellings. 

She has never seen the inside of a demon lair before and she can't believe the intricate walkways and stairs carved into the expansive lair. She honestly couldn't tell how far wide or deep the lair is. The walkways just didn't have an ending. 

This is unbelievable. She breathed and Lucian smiled proudly. She knows the VonUmbra lair is the oldest demon lair in the realm. Its been in Lucian's family since the very first VonUmbra.

I'm glad you think so. He smiled as they walked into the center of a dome. Reyna looked up and she could see the sky even though they are thousands of feet underground. The VonUmbras behind them climbed up the stairs inside the dome sitting in the carved out seats around them. 

Lucian was busying himself taking the medical supplies out of the back pack. Reyna's nerves came rushing back to her at the sight of gauze, antiseptic, needles for an IV drip and an oxygen mask. 

"It's just a precaution, we'd rather have the supplies here as a precaution. You're going to be fine." He smiled up at her as he pulled out a gold goblet and a glass bottle filled with a dark substance. He poured the black liquid into the goblet and he took her hand gently tugging on it for her to kneel down next to him. 

"I'm scared, Kova." She whispered, her voice shaking. He set the goblet on the floor sliding his hands over her cheeks. He pressed his forehead to hers staring into her violet depths, his fire wrapping around hers protectively. 

"I won't let anything happen to you. There's nothing to be afraid of. If you can't take the pain, let me have it. I'll be right here." He said kissing her forehead. 

She nodded taking a deep breath,"Ok, let's...let's get this over with."

He picked up the goblet for her to take, "This is rugeli, it's concentrated lava residue. It's a catalyst for your demon to start the conversion process. It will make you feel a bit sedated to allow your body to change." He explained as she nodded looking at the liquid.