13 - Troubled Feelings

*Lucian*

Rey, are you sure you're okay?  Lucian asked, he's been walking next to her since she walked into the main school hall. She hasn't spoken a word and now she has tears in her eyes. His heart thudded in his chest, he really said too much. Knowing her, she's trying to figure out how to tell him he can't be her familiar anymore because he's neglecting his mate. He just wants to tell her, but he can't if she doesn't recognize the burning in herself. He really needs to conjure his grandfather again. He might know what to do.

I'm okay, but maybe we shouldn't talk like this anymore. 

A slight smile tugged at his lips, he knows her way more than he gives himself credit.

Nope, we're not doing that. I *never* want to see your hair turn grey again.  He said, twirling a loose lock of her hair around his finger.

I'm serious, Kova. She sighed, pulling her hair away from him. 

His demon snarled at her rejection and he grabbed her braid twisting it around his fist, giving it a sharp tug, making her look at him.

I am too. We're *not* doing that. He growled his eyes hard on her, holding her hair tight in his fist, daring her to question him.

She glared at him, angry that he took that tone with her. But the flame inside of her licked over his demon as if whatever creature hiding in her was aroused by the way he held her. 

Fine, but I can't promise you I'll be okay sharing you with your mate. I'm trying to do the right thing. She growled pushing at his chest.

He laughed,  letting her hair loose. He knows he shouldn't laugh at this, but she's jealous of herself.

I don't think there will be any issues with that. So stop worrying about my mate. He chuckled, as they walked into the dining hall.

"Reyna! Lucian! Where have you been?! What happened to your hands!" Elowen gasped as they sat down across from her and Kyrell.

Reyna sighed, "We had an issue last night after our conjuring session. " 

"We heard some rumors going around about the demon society attacking you and something attacked the shit out of Nyx. Her face is all scratched up. She was fuming this morning." Kyrell said shaking his head.

I told you she was still out there, but I...I blacked out and I don't remember anything after that. 

Lucian looked at her in shock. She didn't tell him she blacked out. That's why his demon was clawing to change before he solved the cubes. Reyna was the one who defended him against Nyx. Was it her demon? Is that why she doesn't remember? His heart thumped in his chest at the thought of what her demon looks like, "Has anyone said what attacked her?" 

Elowen nodded, leaning forward, "I've heard through some of the witch chatter that Nyx said it was nothing like she'd ever seen before and -" She eyed Lucian, "The being told her, it's your mate."

"Do you know who it is? It has to be one of the demons right?" Kyrell asked. 

"I know who she is, but I didn't see her. I was in a trance trying to solve the demon cubes." Lucian shrugged and they turned to Reyna's shocked face.

"Did you see her?" Elowen asked. 

Reyna slowly shook her head, "No, I was on the other side of the forest. But it would've been nice to see what she looks like, since Kova is being so secretive about her." Reyna smirked rolling her eyes at him.