27 - The Ball Pt 2

*Lucian*

"Oh Thank Goddess we're sitting together. Mr. LaRein did us a solid." Lucian smiled pulling out Reyna's chair for her. 

"He sure did, the mortals have just been staring at us. They won't talk." Kyrell whispered to them.

Reyna smiled looking at the shy mortals around them, "Hi! Why are you all so quiet now? You were all pretty chatty on the tour this morning." She smiled, sweetly her aura washing over them. They visibly relaxed around the table. Lucian chuckled shaking his head, it amazes him how she does that so subtly. He's not even sure she realizes she's doing it. Or maybe he never saw it before. 

Do you always do that with your aura? He asked. She smiled sliding her eyes to him. 

It's not just me doing it, Kova. It's your aura too, you do it all the time. 

His eyes grew wide a slight blush staining his cheeks. He's the one that doesn't realize he's doing it. When did this happen? Why isn't he aware of his power evolving, like seeing auras all of a sudden? 

"Sorry, it's just this feels so surreal, we've learned about the Magics realm all our lives but we never thought we'd see it." The mortal next to Lucian laughed.

Is...is this normal for my power to evolve like this, why can't I feel it happening? He asked as Reyna chuckled sliding her hand on his thigh. 

"That's fair, I'm sure we would feel the same if we went to the mortal realm. I'm Elowen DiFleur and this is my familiar Tilly, it's nice to meet you all." Elowen smiled as Tilly chirped proudly on her shoulder, puffing her chest. 

It's perfectly normal, unlike VonUmbra transformations, DiEdaan's are subtle, you might find you wake up with freckles one day. Reyna laughed at the thought of starlight freckles over his face. What a sight that will be? Her demon simmered through her at the thought. 

Calm your demon, Kali. He chuckled, threading his fingers through hers, itching to kiss her head. 

"Tilly is so cute! I'm Jennifer LeRoux, it's really nice to meet you as well." The brown haired, dark skinned mortal smiled from across the table. This started a trend of everyone introducing themselves around the table. 

"So you two are witches, and you and Thane are a dragon and a demon?" Jeffrey, the blonde haired, fair skinned, mortal next to Lucian asked. 

"That's right and you're all mortals." Kyrell laughed. 

"So Reyna, how come you don't have a familiar like Elowen?" Jennifer asked. 

"I do, Lucian is my familiar." She smiled and she frowned looking at Tilly and back to Lucian. 

"But we've always been taught a witch's familiar is a lowly creature like Tilly. Why is a demon your familiar?" Doris, a wide eyed mortal with unruly curly dark brown hair, asked before Jennifer could get the question out. 

"That's right, Doris, but a witch familiar bond depends on how powerful the witch is." Reyna explained. 

"Reyna's power needs a greater anchor, that's why she called me to her." Lucian added. 

"Is that why you're the only witch here with horns?" Jeffrey asked and they blushed. 

"No, that's because I'm also a demon," she smiled and before anyone could question it she added, "that's a long story for another time."

"I feel like I need to enroll in this school just to hear that story." Jennifer nodded as they laughed. 

"For real, there's so much they don't teach us in our realm." Doris sighed.