28 - The Ball Pt 3

*Lucian*

The hall erupted in whoops and cheers at the kissing couple in the middle of the floor. Reyna and Lucian blushed the spell around them broken.

We were supposed to keep our shit together tonight! Reyna laughed, pressing her face into his chest, her freckles sparkling over her face.

I told you I promised nothing! He laughed, kissing her head. He wasn't too embarrassed by it. His demon was flaring with pride that his mate has fallen in love with him. Plus this will definetly trigger Nyx.

"Well if that didn't work, I don't know what will. Nice show you two." Thane laughed, slapping Lucian on the shoulder.

"That was definitely *not* a show," Elowen laughed, "don't be embarrassed Reyna you two are so beautiful. Look what you do together." She smiled as Reyna peeked her head up looking around at the creatures, demons and mortals all dancing and laughing together.

"It's truly amazing Reyna, I don't remember a time when everyone got along like this." Lucy laughed in disbelief.

Everyone's so happy. Reyna beamed as Lucian thread his fingers through hers. He can't believe they can do this together. Riona and Dusan were right.

Yes and we have to protect this, always Kali. He said and she nodded squeezing his hand.

"Reyna! I'm so sorry I didn't know you and Lucian were a couple when I said that to you earlier." Julia laughed, breaking through the crowd to talk to them, Greyson following behind her.

"It's okay, Julia. We figured you had a run in with Nyx." She laughed.

"Aren't you worried about her?" She asked.

"No, we've got it covered. Don't worry about us. I see you've met a VonTreli." Lucian smiled and she blushed looking up at Greyson.

"VonUmbra and I used to be sparring partners before he got all supreme demon on me and tested it out of class." Greyson laughed, rolling his eyes at his old friend.

"I didn't want to hurt you, buddy." Lucian laughed as the lights in the hall flickered cutting of the music before the lights returned.

The darkness from the hallway seeped into the hall, creeping over the walls, drowning out the music.

"We need to secure the mortals. Hurry!" Lucy yelled, her red eyes deepening to black as her demon form ripped through her clothes.

*Julia*

Greyson threw Julia over his shoulder, racing for the opposite end of the hall where Luna and Elowen were creating a perfect cube to shield the mortals.

"What the hell is going on?!" Julia screamed as Greyson put her down inside the cube.

"Don't worry you're going to be safe here, nothing will hurt you." Greyson said as she grabbed his arm tears coming to her eyes.

"But what about you?" She asked a tear rolling down her cheek. Why is she crying? She can't bare the thought of something happening to him.

Greyson chuckled unable to resist kissing her cheek tasting her tears.

"I'm a demon, little mortal. I'll be fine." He smiled letting his demon burst from his skin. His heart thudded in his chest at the look of pure adoration on her face.

She definitely has a thing for demons, Julia thought watching his muscular form run towards the center of the floor.

*Lucian*