12 - What are you?

*Nyx*

Nyx raised her clawed hand and swiped it through the air letting the branches charge towards Lucian.

A bright burst of starlight broke through the branches sending them flying back towards her. She screamed, covering her face from the blinding light and the branches slashing through her arms and sides.

She put her hands down, her eyes grew wide at the being standing before her. She'd never seen any creature like it. It was pure white-hot energy that sparked and swirled around it. White horns protruded from its head and white wings fanned from its back protecting Lucian, blocking him from view. Its angry indigo eyes glared at her, its mouth curled in a deadly snarl, showing  its razor sharp fangs.

"Who...who are you?!" She screamed, backing away from it. The being sniffed the air, growling in anger at the smell of Nyx's lust for its mate. The power around it pulsed in anger singing the leaves in the trees around it.

"I am Kali," its melodic voice filled the air around them, "and you will do no harm to my mate." The ethereal being growled, it never moved its mouth but the voice seemed to engulf her. A flash of blinding light ignited around them as the being raced towards her.

Nyx was rooted to the ground in fear. She screamed, raising her arms as its claws swiped her across her face and chest. She gasped, staggering back in shock feeling her blood dripping down her face.

She screamed again as another claw threatened to hit her. She jumped high into the trees, holding her chest as she ran through the branches to get away from the being. She heard it spread its wings to chase her, and felt its white hot power burning behind her, licking at her feet. Tears rolled down her cheeks, her heart pounded in her chest, knowing if that thing catches her, it will kill her.

*Lucian*

Lucian concentrated on the last three cubes, solving them simultaneously. He lost all sense of his surroundings and let his mind focus solely on the puzzles. He knew the faster he solved them, the faster he can find Reyna. The rebound is going to be intense, she's going to be in so much pain, but he can heal her wounds. He just needs to get her out of here.

As he solved the final layer of the cubes, he felt the burning in the pit of his stomach ignite to a flame. His demon itched to rise, clawing at him to seek out his mate. He grimaced, suppressing the need.

Rey, hold on to me, this is going to hurt. He growled, watching as the three cubes burst in front of him.

Her screams filled his mind and her saw the burns travel through her hands singing her skin up to her elbows. Blisters and boils bubbled over the palms of her hands, smoking from the rebounded energy. He saw her look at her bleeding wounds, she fell to the side her head hit the forest floor with a thud and the vision went dark.

Rey? Reyna stay with me. Lucian called, letting his demon surface.  He took one sniff of air and took off in the sky to find her.

He dropped to the forest floor, covering her body with his. The flame in the pit of his stomach pulsed worryingly through him at the state of her singed arms.

Rey. He whispered, bending his head to her neck. He breathed in her scent checking the strength of her pulse. 

She gasped, looking into Lucian's black eyes, Kova... 

It's alright, I've got you. He cooed gently picking her up, careful not to jar her singed forearms.

I don't want to go back to school tonight. She mumbled, burying her face in his chest as she began to shake. He held her tight cradling her head against his chest to keep her warm. His wings expanded and he took off into the night sky.