14 - Apologies & Parasites

*Reyna*

Reyna walked into the dining hall after her last class finished for the day. The burning inside of her has dulled to its usual embers and her palms finally stopped itching. She chuckled to herself, Lucian is such an excellent spell caster, potion maker, and conjurer. He picked everything up so fast, it was like he was always meant to be a familiar or a witch. 

She heard his growl next to her and his hand gripped her arm pulling her behind him. She looked up at him in confusion. 

Kova! What is your problem? She asked pushing at his back. 

Thane. He growled and she peeked around him to see Thane slowly standing from his seat at their table with Kyrell and Elowen. 

"Um, I don't mean any harm, Lucian. I just want to apologise." He said holding up his hands. Reyna smiled at the truth in his words and his aura. She slid her hand up Lucian's arm squeezing it gently. Lucian is an excellent witch but he still struggles to read the intentions and auras of the people around him. 

He's telling the truth, Kova. He's not going to harm me. His intentions are bright. She said and he looked down at her. 

Alright. I need to get better at reading people. He sighed and she chuckled softly.

We'll practice that more.

"What do you need to apologise for?" Reyna asked as Thane closed the gap between them, reaching for her hands. Lucian gave him another warning growl, Thane gulped pulling his hands back.

"Reyna you saved my life and I never thanked you for that. Lucian had every right to take my life for putting his witch in danger. And what the society did to you both last night. I just...I'm sorry for everything. You are nothing like I thought and I can't associate myself with a society that can't see that. I'm sorry." He said and Reyna beamed. 

"Thank you, Thane, but I already forgave you for spar day and what happened last night isn't for you to apologize for. But you know, you've just ostracized yourself by doing this." She said and he laughed, nodding his head. 

"It's true, Thane. You must really mean it to take a risk like this."

Thane looked at Lucian, thankful that the murder in his eyes subsided, "Well you know as much as I do that the society shouldn't even exist anymore. We shouldn't be targeting people out of jealousy."  

Lucian smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Too right, well Elowen and Kyrell have already welcomed you to our small circle, you're more than welcome to hang out with us."

"But we don't just talk to demons so that might be new for you." Reyna told him.

He laughed, looking ata blushing Kyrell, "I think it'll be a good change. Plus dragons seem pretty cool." 

Is Thane flirting with Kyrell? Reyna laughed as they took a seat at their table. 

Lucian chuckled, Yep, a demon and a dragon, it's not unheard of. 

"So... Are you two going to serve some detention time for missing class?" Elowen asked as they laughed shaking their heads. 

"No, we've been told we're going to be the Academy Ambassadors to the mortal students that are enrolling here next year." Reyna said as Kyrell shook his head. 

"Does this have anything to do with Mr. LaRein's excited announcement about the ball next month?" He asked. 

"Yeah, there will be mortal families from the Mortal's UN Council attending to tour the school. Then we're on a summer university tour with our parents. So while we didn't get punished for missing classes, our summer has been hijacked by this magics and mortals integration project." Lucian sighed shaking his head.