18 - Stupid, Delicious, Demon Liquor

*Lucian*

Lucian groaned opening his eyes to the sun piercing through the tree house. He lifted his finger motioning for something, anything to block the sun. The tree seemed to hear his plea as the branches and leaves crowded the window of the house. He sighed in relief, looking down at Reyna curled up against his chest. 

She's so small, he smiled, tracing the freckles on her cheek. Even as her demon, she's still on the small side. He can't wait for her to go through a real change, when she'll be able to change at will. He pulled the blanket over them, tangling his fingers in her hair and closed his eyes. He held her tight around her waist, pulling her closer to him. The fire burning between them is so comforting, he thought, letting sleep claim him again. 

A few hours later, Reyna groaned in pain against his chest, "Oh Mother Goddess..." 

Good morning. Lucian chuckled, nuzzling his face in her hair.

"Shut up, I can't handle your voice in my head right now." She groaned again.

"Aww does someone have a hangover?" 

"Yes, why don't you?" She whined, burying her face in his chest while he rubbed her head. 

"I do, but it's not as bad as yours." 

"Stupid, delicious demon liquor." She grumbled. 

A smiled tugged at his lips,"Yeah, but it helped you stay connected to your demon."

She laughed softly looking up at him,"It did and my demon is cool."

"Yes, you are." He grinned and couldn't help kissing her plump lips. She moaned against his mouth and he could feel the flame inside of her reaching for his.

Lucian chuckled against her lips, her scent is so intoxicating, but if they keep going like this, his demon won't be able to resist her need. He can't claim her until she's gone through a proper change. 

"We need to eat, Kali. And you're too tempting to my demon right now." He laughed, pulling away from her. 

"You started it." She smirked and a blushed burned over his cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. You're hard to resist now that your demon is awake inside of you. All my demon wants to do is to claim you." His heart thumped at her freckles dancing over her cheeks. She's so damn adorable.

"That doesn't sound like a bad thing, I'm sure that's why my demon keeps reaching for yours." 

"It's not a bad thing and yes your demon is always touching mine but you haven't gone through a real change and I can't claim you until you do. I won't do it after that either, you need time to get used to being a demon. There's no need to rush it." He smiled, kissing her forehead.

She raised an eyebrow at him, "But what if my demon decides she wants to claim you?" 

He laughed, sitting up on his elbow, "You are more than welcome to claim me, Kali, but do it when you're ready, not because that fire inside of you is rushing you to do it. You need to come to terms with being a witch and a demon. That might take some time. I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." A smile curled over her lips as she leaned towards him, catching his lips with hers. He groaned, melting into her tantalising kiss. 

Reyna laughed against his lips when her stomach gave an angry growl, "Food, we need food." 

He chuckled, "Who started it now?" 

"Never mind that, I'm hungry. I feel like I haven't eaten in days!" She gasped, her eyes wide at the ravenous hunger she feels. 

Lucian laughed, getting up and taking her with him,"Your demon is really awake, extreme hunger is a regular thing for us. I'm sure there will be a feast in the main house, especially if everyone is hungover."