3 - Reyna - New Friends

"Holy shit, did you see that?" She heard someone whisper behind her.

"She took a demon down with a look. She's amazing." Someone else gasped and she grinned. DiEdaan's are amazing and she'll be glad to finally remind them why.

Unlike Lucian, she actually plans on doing as their parents wish and bridge the gap between her people and the rest of the magical creatures. As the youngest DiEdaan and next in line to be the Matriarch of her coven and next co-leader of the realm, she has to be diplomatic - within reason. She isn't going to tolerate anyone disrespecting her.

"Hi! I'm Elowen. I'm from the DiFleur coven." A young girl with fiery red hair, deep green eyes under round specs smiled at her. She was tall and lithe, like most of the DiFleur coven are.

"Hi Elowen, it's nice to meet you." Reyna smiled as they stood outside the classroom.

"What you did to Nyx was unbelievable. I thought for sure Lucian was going to set you on fire for it though!" Elowen gasped.

"Me too especially since those two are kind of thing, you know." Another young boy said standing next to her. He had short jade green hair, smoldering grey eyes and short spiked red horns poking out of his head. His skin was an iridescent green with faint glimmering dragon scales under his skin.

"But she had no right asking that question. I'm Kyrell, I'm from the LaChen dragon clan." He smiled and she grinned, the LaChen dragons are forest dragons. Her coven spent time hiding in their lairs when the VonCaligos took power. They are a very joyful and humble clan, who are deeply into the healing arts.

"It's nice to meet you both, but don't worry about Ko-Lucian. He'd never hurt me," she frowned, "or at least he wouldn't before." She sighed shaking her head. She knows it's been a long time since they've seen each other and she knows the tense climate between demons and the DiEdaans but he's a VonUmbra. Why is he getting wrapped up in the demon prejudices against her coven?

"That's right we heard you two used to be really close before the VonCaligo incident." Elowen nodded as they walked to their next class.

"We were, but what do you mean Nyx and Lucian are a thing?" She frowned. Elowen and Kyrell looked at each other smiling at her naive question.

"Well, they're a couple, you know boyfriend and girlfriend. They're always together." Kyrell shrugged. Reyna laughed shaking her head.

"VonUmbras don't date," she laughed, "they have mates they don't have a need for dating. Lucian and Nyx aren't a couple, he's just good friends with her, that's...that's how K-Lucian is." She sighed, a wave of jealously washing over her. She thought that's how they'd always be, but she was wrong. Demons don't talk to DiEdaans anymore. At least not here.

"I never thought of it like that," Elowen nodded, "well you would know best, you did grow up with them." She smiled

"Yeah, well the demons at the academy still have their secret society and Lucian and Nyx run the show and there are some VonCaligos who go here too, so you need to be careful." Kyrell said rolling his eyes.

"I know, I still can't believe there's VonCaligos here." Reyna said shaking her head, she thought most of them hid away in their clan in the southern regions.

"We could say the same of you. Why have they allowed a DiEdaan here?" A tall broad shouldered red headed demon grumbled. He had light pale skin, short black horns poking out of his head and his crimson eyes pierced Reyna in disgust.

"We've been liberated after your clan nearly killed us all." She growled, feeling her powers itching to come out.

"Oh look at her, you've upset the little witch." Another red haired demoness, chuckled next to the large boy.