↘︎ chapter sixty-eight

a/n: it looks like wattpad is a bitch and my gif is not showing ugh. imagine a quidditch gif and let's move on.

68 | Gryffindor vs. Slytherin

The first Quidditch match of the season was coming, and two days before the first game, Marley Macmillan received a reply to her letters she had sent during her visit to Hogsmeade. When the weekly mail arrived at the Great Hall and hundreds of owls flew inside, one owl came and released one letter, and then another owl, which released another. Marley gave each a Knut, and opened all the letters before her.

Ever since Katie was cursed by that necklace, Marley had almost stopped seeing other people. She used to talk to Ginny, Harry, Ron, or Hermione, but lately her company was her sketchbook when it was not homework time. And since they didn't have a Chaser, Harry didn't know why he chose Dean Thomas to play instead of Katie. And lately he seemed to dislike Dean a lot.

Marley exhaled and opened the first letter. She was happy to recognise Angelina Johnson's handwriting.

Hi Marley,

I still can't believe when one of Hogsmeade's owls came by mail for me. And I was even more surprised to see it was from you. I know that you generally don't send many owl letters, but now, especially after all these security measures, it's even harder.

Anyway, how's Hogwarts? Don't tell me you're lonely. Katie is with you. You will make it both together, don't think it. You have so many other friends. I learned that Ginny was dating Dean Thomas from Harry's year. But not the details. Fred told me.

Talking about Fred, he sent me an owl some time ago and let me know that you know about me and him. Well, the owl wasn't sent for this purpose, of course. I don't know if George offered you this, but Fred invited me to move to his apartment with George on Diagon Alley. I don't think George would not invite you, but I hope if he did, you would agree to move in. It would be good to be together every day like the good old days.

I'm still living with my parents and I haven't shared my plans with them yet, but I think that after the New Year I will move in to the boys. I still have no idea what I want to work - it will definitely not be in the Ministry, but for now I only want to play Quidditch. I miss most playing Quidditch of everything I've done at Hogwarts. Should I become a professional player? What do you think?

I need to go. Send me a letter as soon as you can.

Lots of hugs,
Angelina

P.S. I can cook too! You will not need to take care of Fred anymore.

Marley laughed, but when she thought she should tell Angelina about Katie in her next letter, her heart narrowed. She left Angelina's letter and opened the other, that was from George.

Hey Mar,

I was happy when I got the owl. I don't want to admit it, but I miss you a little. Your letter made feel me illuminating. While I was reading, Fred tried to cook something and he set the kitchen on fire. Even with magic it's hard to cook, damn it!

So, what surprised me was your response to our offer. But I can't hide that I'm glad. Really. But you do realise that now that your adult body has made the decision to live with me and endure me every day for the God's sake, you may need to tell your mother what your plans are. I don't think Brielle will mind. However, I didn't make any bad impression. Unless you accidentally told her about the incident where I broke your nose.

I'm sorry the letter is so short, but Fred and I have been very busy lately. Write to me soon.

Love you,
George