part 2

mike wheeler
"shouldn't we go over and introduce ourselves?" i question.
"you're one to talk, mike," max jokes.
"he's going to be max's neighbor, plus he's cute!" i exclaim.
the only people that know i'm gay is the party, el is sort of my beard, because, well, it's indiana in the 80's.
"fine, let's go he may be nice!" dustin decides.
i slide on my tattered checkered vans, the rest of the party follows me to the smaller house. i knock on the door, an taller boy answers the door.
he didn't look THAT tall from the window.
"hi, um we saw you moving on and we were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us?" i ask.
"oh! you're thinking of my younger brother will, i'll go and get him. i'm jonathan by the way," jonathan explains, he walks deeper into the house.
"will, come on! you can make some friends," we overhear jonathan say.
"he obviously doesn't want to hang out with us," el states.
she starts to walk away, max grabs her shirt. then, a shorter boy comes to the door.
oh my god, he's absolutely adorable.
"hi, i'm will," will writes.
"do you want to hang out with us?" i ask, smiling.
i can tell hes super uncomfortable. will nods, he follows us to max's house. i take will's notebook, to ask him if he's mute or deaf.
"i'm mute, i'm sorry."
"don't be sorry! tell us more about you!" lucas exclaims.
"as you know, i'm will byers. i have an older brother jonathan, i moved here from chicago, so my family could start new. what's your guys name?" will writes.
"i'm mike, that's max, that's el, that's dustin, and that's lucas," i say.
the rest of the day, we all just do our normal thing. will stays to himself, so i go over to talk to him. for some reason i feel like a have a deep connection to him.
"hey, will. how are you?" i question.
"i'm okay. thanks for asking, hby?"
"i'm good. i'm sure you miss your friends back in chicago, right?" i assume.
will shakes his head.
"i didn't have any."
i frown at him.
"well, i'm your friend," i state.
will smiles then brightest i've ever saw someone smile.
"thank you. it means a lot, you're my first friend. i mean outside of my older brother."
"mike, will, we're going to scoops ahoy!" max exclaims, grabbing her skateboard from her closet.
"i don't have a bike, plus i need to ask my mom."
"you can ride on mine! plus, we can stop and ask her. is that okay?" i ask.
will nods, thankfully, his mom gives him permission to go. when we get to scoops ahoy, we sit in the back with steve while robin works.
"is el your girlfriend?" will writes.
"no, im actually gay," i explain.
will nods. i start to get nervous.
"i support you. to be honest, i'm questioning."