part 13

will byers
*august 15th*
"will, wake up!" my mom yells.
first day of hell.
i tumble out of bed, grabbing my jean shorts and white polo shirt. i quickly shower, get dressed, brush my teeth, and grab a granola bar before rushing outside where max is waiting.
"you ready, will?" max asks.
"not really, at least i have all of my classes with mike," i answer.
max walks with me instead of skateboarding, so i can keep up. when we get to school, mike brings me behind the school.
"mike, what are you doing?" i ask.
he leans in to kiss me, i obviously let him kiss me.
"i didn't want you to get hurt, but i wanted to kiss you," mike states, smiling. mike walks with me to my locker, making sure i can get everywhere. once school actually starts, we just do ice breaker stuff.
*five hours later*
the last six periods of my day have went well, mike has always been looking out for me. to be honest, just looking at him makes me fall in love with him more. now, i have lunch, the whole party has lunch seventh period, so we're meeting outside.
"hey will, you ready?" mike asks.
i smile, he's wearing khaki shorts and a yellow shirt, my favorite color.
"yeah, lemme grab my lunch," i whisper.
even though i'm not talking, i'm still quiet. i grab my lunch and i follow mike outside to the back of the school. like every school, hawkins middle school has there bullies. max told me they always go to the back, so her and lucas don't get targeted, now mike and i won't either. when mike and i get there, max, lucas, and el are there.
"where's dustin?" i ask.
"he's trying to contact his girlfriend in the AV room," el informs us.
i climb onto mike's lap as we eat lunch.
"i love you," mike whispers.
"i love you too."