part 28

mike wheeler
*10 years later*
"will, alana, olivia, i'm home!" i shout.
"daddy!" alana and olivia both yell.
they come running downstairs, jumping into my arms. i kiss their temples, just like i did to will when we were younger. one year after we got engaged, mike and i got married, technically illegally, then at 25, mike and i decided to adopt alana and olivia from birth. now, at 28, i have a stable job at a law firm. will and i are living happily in akron, ohio, only an hour away from hawkins. i slowly put down alana and olivia, not wanting to hurt them.
"how was your day, bub?" i ask.
"good, my therapy season went well! i really feel like it's working, i don't want this to go onto the girls," will explains.
"babe, you aren't doing anything wrong," i state.
"oh! by the way, max and lucas are coming over tonight for dinner, i already made everything and got the girls ready. i'm sorry i didn't tell you, i didn't want to interrupt your day. they should be here soon," will explains.
"don't be sorry! i'm going to hang out with the girls until max and lucas get here," mike says.
i follow him into the living room where the girls are playing peacefully.
"daddy, play with us!" olivia shouts.
"go and play with them, max and lucas are here," i order.
all of a sudden, max and lucas's little girl, molly runs into our living room.
"you girls, can go in the basement and play. dinner is going to be ready in five minutes," will says.
the girls run downstairs, will starts to set the table, i help him since he's home with the girls all day.
"lucas and i have a problem," max states.
"if you need us to babysit molly we can," i tell them.
"no, we don't need any babysitting. we have a decision to make and we wanted to ask your opinion," lucas explains.
"okay, what is it?" will asks.
"we're unsure if we want another kid."
"i mean, you both have stable jobs, you have a three-bedroom house, but the question is does molly want a brother or sister?" i state.
"we can ask her at dinner," lucas tells max.
after lucas and max leave and will and i put the girls to bed, we lay in our bed just to talk.
"hey, will?"
"yeah, mike?" will asks.
"talking about max and lucas having another kid, made me want another one, but with a surrogate," i admit.
"me too. i love you so much."