part 24

will byers
*six years later*
(a/n: they're seniors in high school now)
"you ready, will?" my mom asks.
today is my senior prom, mike and i are going together, as a COUPLE. i'm definitely scared something is going to happen, not to me, but to mike. mike fights back and that's why i'm more scared for him. my mom readjusts my tie, i swat her hand away.
"mom, mike's going to be here soon!" i shout.
all of a sudden, there's a knock on the door. my mom opens its.
"babe, you ready to go?" mike asks.
"yeah."
"oh! i have a corsage for you, i didn't know if you wanted one," mike explains.
i kiss him to shut him up.
"of course i want one. let's go, everyone will be waiting!" i urge.
mike and i get in his car. he puts the corsage on my wrist, and kisses my hand.
"will, babe, just remember no matter what happens tonight, i still love you," mike states.
"i know. please don't beat anyone up, i don't want you getting hurt," i tell him.
"i won't, unless someone says something about you."
"don't even do that, baby. i just want tonight to be perfect."
once we get to school, mike and i give our tickets to one of the teachers. mike grabs my hand as we walk up to the party. i don't even care about the dirty looks we're receiving from most of the people on the gym.
"hey, will!" dustin shouts.
"hey, dustin," i respond.
el and dustin decided to go as friends so they would have someone for their senior prom.
after a couple of regular songs, the DJ puts on a slow song.
"wanna dance, byers?" mike asks.
"of course, wheeler," i answer.
i set my hands on mike's shoulders and he places his hands on my hips. mike and i just sway to the music until mr. james comes up to us.
"excuse me boys, if you're going to do that, i'm going to ask you to leave," he states.
i can see mike start to get red, not with embarrassment, but with anger.
"mike, it's fine," i whisper.
"it's not fine, we got to leave!" mike shouts.
he grabs my hand and drags me outside. i start to tear up, i feel bad.
"oh, baby, i'm sorry. i was just so mad," mike explains.
"it's okay, we can dance out here."
after mike and i finish our dance, mike drives me home.
"can you come in? i don't wanna be alone right now," i ask.
"of course, baby. don't cry though, it's okay," mike responds.
when mike and i walk in, my mom immediately runs into the room.
"why are you guys home so early?" my mom asks.
i fall into her arms, i feel like it's my fault mike and i got kicked out. mike explains everything, we go into my room so i can change.
"hey, will, i'm sorry," mike says.
"no, i'm sorry!" i blurt out.
"no, baby, it's not your fault. nothing is, we have to prepare for graduation now."