part 25

mike wheeler
today is high school graduation day. will and i are both going to ohio state university together. our school hasn't brought up the whole prom situation, hawkins is homophobic, no one wants will and i in our town besides for our friends and family. it's okay though, we're going to ohio, and maybe going to illinois.
"mike, you ready?" my mom asks.
"yeah, i'm happy to leave here. after the whole prom situation, i'm done here. will and i don't know if we're coming back after college, except for holidays," i state.
"i get it. just know that whatever you and will choose, i'm supportive of it. you better come back for holidays!" my mom exclaims.
my mom starts to leave.
"i'm proposing to will tonight."
*two hours later*
"mike, you okay?" will asks.
we're in the back gym waiting to walk out.
"yeah, i'm fine," i mutter.
"michael, talk to me," will orders
"i just don't know what i'm going to do, will. after college i wanna do what's best for both of us, i just don't know what that is," i explain.
"bub, i don't care what we do. i just want us to be together, whether that's in ohio, illinois, or indiana," will whispers.
"okay, graduates, we're going to start getting lined up by last name!" mr. james shouts.
will and i roll our eyes, laughing.
"i'll see you after we graduate, babe," i state.
will nods, smiling. i have to walk with lilia wosley, she's in my science.
"hey, mike?" she questions.
"what's up, lilia?" i ask.
"you and will are a really cute couple. mr. james is an asshole for the way he treated you at guys prom," she admits.
"yeah and thank you. don't tell anyone, but i'm going to propose to will tonight," i whisper.
lilia smiles.
"i know he will say yes."
we start to walk to the main gym where our parents are sitting.
*30 minutes later*
"our next graduate, is will byers!" principal baker announces.
that's my baby.