part 22

mike wheeler
as i look over at wills smiling face, i know i'm home. usually home is a place, but for me it's a person. and that person is will byers.
"will?" i question.
"yes, mike?"
"i love you," i tell him.
"i love you too, mikey. where are we going?" will asks.
"you'll see," i state.
i was bringing him to where i feel in love with him. we weren't even dating at the time, i'm bringing him to the hawkins pool. i knew i loved him when we're we're at the pool together.
"we're here," i tell will.
"the pool?" will questions.
"there's a reason i wanted us to come here, follow me."
i take will's hand in mine.
"theres a reason i wanted us two to come here. will, i knew i loved you when we went to the pool the first time. i just wanted to bring you here to tell you that, it just felt right," i explain.
will smiles and kisses my cheek.
"i knew i loved you when you asked me out, i know it's nothing special," will says.
will and i lay on the grass, looking at the night sky. i notice will starting to fall asleep.
"let's get you home, baby."
"but, mike i wanna be with you for longer," will complains.
"how about we'll watch a movie when we get your place?" i suggest.
when will and i get to his house, i let him pick which movie. it ends up being ghostbusters.
"hey, babe?" wills says.
"what's up?"
"you don't get annoyed by my nightmares anymore, right? i've been going to the doctor and he said maybe they'll end up going away," will asks.
"no, baby, i don't. i never did. that's good, though. are you happy about that?"
"yeah! i just feel bad sleeping over at peoples houses," will mutters.
i take will's into my arms, i kiss his forehead. will soon falls asleep, i drape a blanket over him.
"hey, mrs.byers, is it okay if i stay with will tonight? he's asleep," i ask.
"yeah, of course."