part 26

mike wheeler
(a/n: this is the engagement ring mike is planning to give will)
after graduation, the party and i are going to wills house. mrs. byers and jonathan, as well as my family should be there right now. i feel my leg moving about one million miles per hour. i'm just having a simple proposal, i know will would've wanted his family to be there when i proposed. when i asked mrs. byers if i could propose to will, she said yes right away.
"hey, you okay, bub?" will asks.
"yeah just nervous for our future," i lie.
once we get to wills house, i check to make sure i have everything, mainly the ring.
"you can do this mike," el whispers.
i flash her a reassuring smile.
i know when we get inside, i'm going to have to do this. i'm just a little scared he will say no, not as much as i should be. everyone hands will a piece of paper with one letter on it.
"use the paper to spell the sentence out," nancy explains.
thankfully, as planned, will turns around so his back is towards me. i get on one knee, opening the ring box.
"will you marry me, will byers?" will whispers.
will turns around and gasps.
"mike, do you really want to marry me?" will asks.
"of course, i do baby. it's the question is that, do you want to marry me?" i state.
"of course."