part 18

mike wheeler
after will kisses me, i can't help but smile.
does this mean we're back together?
"mike, i'm willing to get back together with you, but you're going to have to gain my trust back. you really hurt me," will states.
"that's okay. i just want you to be happy, i'm never going to hurt you again. i promise," i whisper.
will smiles and leads me inside.
"will!" jonathan yells, but will ignores him.
will brings me into his room, he grabs another notebook, and opens it.
"i drew these of you and us two, i just thought you would like one," will whispers, tearing out a drawing.
i carefully observe it. the neat pencils lines of our first kiss.
"will, these are amazing. i'm going to hang this one up in my room," i tell him and he softly smiles.
oh how i missed that smile.
all of a sudden, jonathan barges in. i know he's pissed at me for what i did.
"um, mike, can i talk to you?" jonathan asks.
"sure," i respond.
i follow him outside of will's room, he shuts the door quietly.
"what you did was a shitty thing you know that? will cried for two weeks, he didn't talk! i know will loves you, but if you slip up again, you're going to have much more than a talk!" jonathan yells.
"i know. i love him so much and i'm not going to mess up or hurt him again, i promise. we're back together but we're starting slow, i'm gaining his trust back and i'm okay with that. i just want him to be happy," i explain.
jonathan nods and allows me to go back into wills room.
"what did he say?" will asks.
"he basically said that if i mess up and hurt you again he's going to beat me up," i tell will.
will giggles and gently takes my hand.
that laugh.
"oh, my mom was wondering if your family wanted to come over for thanksgiving? she said you can sleep over after," i question.
"i'll ask my mom and i'll call you, but i would love too," will responds.
as i'm biking home, i keep thinking of will and how i can't hurt him again, and i definitely won't.