part 23

will byers
*may 26th*
"if you need anything call me or jonathan," my mom tells me.
today the party and i are going on our school trip to washington dc. i'm pretty excited, especially since dustin, lucas, mike, and i are sharing one room and el and max's room is next to ours.
"ready to go, will?" max asks.
max's mom is driving us to the airport.
"yeah, lemme put my bags in the truck," i tell her.
once max and i get to the airport, we meet up with the rest of the party.
"hey, will," mike says.
obviously in public we have to act like we're just friends, which sucks, but it's better then getting beaten up. us six go through security and then we meet up with the rest of the people going at our school.
"hawkins middle school, we're boarding in 10 minutes!" mr. clarke yells.
"i bought your favorite snack," mike whispers.
he sneaks in a kiss to my cheek, which makes me blush.
"thanks, bub," i tell him.
once we board the plane, mike, el, and i go into one row, and max, dustin, and lucas go into the row behind us. since we had to get up at four in the morning, i end up falling asleep.
"will, you up?" mike asks.
"now i am," i mutter.
"well, we're landing in 20 minutes, then we gotta go to the white house," mike tells me.
"okay," i respond.
*9:30 pm*
"what was your guys' favorite part of today?" dustin asks.
now that it's late at night, the party congregated to our room to talk.
"probably the capitol building," i state.
mike pulls me into his lap, he kisses my temple.
"the white house," el says.
"you okay, will?" max asks.
i snap out of my daydream.
"mm, yeah, just daydreaming," i answer.
"about mike?" she teases.
"shut up!"