part 7

will byers
*one week later*
!mentions of mental disorders!
knock. knock. knock.
"will, can you get that?" jonathan asks.
i get up from my drawing of mike, closing my sketchbook. i came out to my mom and jonathan and they were both really supportive. which makes me feel 100% better. i still have mike's hoodie, which is about three sizes too big on me. i open the door, mike is standing there. with flowers?
"will, can we talk?" i ask.
i nod, leading him to my room.
"i got these for you," mike whispers.
"thanks."
"i know you're still questioning, but i really needed to get these feelings out. will, ever since we met, i couldn't stop thinking about you. your soft hair, the way your eyes turn in pools of honey in the sun, your smile, how you look in my clothes. i know we only just met, but i like you, a lot. if you're okay with it. would you want to be my boyfriend?"
i can't stop smiling.
"are you sure you want to be with me? i got a lot of trauma and mental health disorders, anxiety, depression, ptsd. i don't want you to have to deal with that if you're not ready to," i explain.
"will, i want to be with you. i don't care about what comes with you, i will help you with them. even if that means staying up with you when you have nightmares, anything."
"then yes, i'll be your boyfriend."