part 21

will byers
*march 22nd*
"happy birthday, baby," mike whispers, attempting to wake me up.
today is my 13th birthday, i don't know what is planned, mike just told me that he has something planned.
"thanks, bubba," i groan, opening my eyes.
mike softly kisses me, he basically pulls me out of my bed. he drags me to the kitchen, jonathan and my mom are both there. my mom was supposed to work , so i run up to her and hug her.
"i made you chocolate chip waffles and there's many toppings you can pick from, i know its your favorite!" mike exclaims, smiling.
i pretty much stuff my face with the myriad of toppings.
"thank you all so much! this means so much," i tell them three.
"we have gifts for you, will," jonathan says.
my mom hands me an envelope. i carefully open the envelope, so nothing is ripped. i pull out a check for 1,500 dollars.
"it's so you can go to washington with the rest of the party. all three of us pitched in 500 dollars," my mom explains.
"really?" i ask.
"really," jonathan says.
"oh my gosh, thank you all so much! i love you guys!" i shout, i hug jonathan and my mom.
i start to tear up as i walk over to mike.
"why are you crying, babe?" mike asks.
"i get to go with you guys. plus, you invested 500 dollars." i explain.
i kiss him and i start to get ready. once i'm ready, mike blindfolds me. i can feel the wind going through my hair so i know i'm on mike's bike. mike brings me into a house, when he unblind folds me, the whole party is there. we're in mike's basement.
"happy birthday, will! we didn't get you individual gifts, we got you something that we think are much more meaningful," max explains.
i nod, just happy people want to be with me on my birthday. last year, my mom was working all day and jonathan just got me a cake. he wanted to to have something, we were really struggling, so this means so much to me.
"come on will!" el exclaims, grabbing my hand.
we get outside mike's house, i'm completely confused.
"max told us that you felt bad for not having a bike, so we got you one of your own," dustin explains.
mike brings out the bike, perfect for my size.
"thank you guys, this all means so much. i mean last year i didn't know if i was going to get to live in my apartment for another month, and this year i have great friends and great boyfriend, i'm getting to go with everyone to washington, and now i have a bike!" i spill out.
we all end up congregating into a group hug, i start to sob.
"i'm sorry, i'm being such a big baby," i whisper.
"no, babe, don't be sorry. we all get it, we all have times where we get emotional. right, guys?" mike explains.
*seven hours later*
"have a great birthday, will," el says, leaving mike's house.
now it's only mike and i, i start to get ready to leave mike's.
"wait, babe, i have another thing for you."