part 11

will byers
all night i can't stop thinking of mike kissing me. his soft plump lips on mine. i can't believe it, ive had my first kiss. take that chicago! this past month is the happiest i've been since i went missing almost two years ago. i have max, dustin, el, lucas, and mike. my family is accepting of me, why wouldn't i be happier than i was before.
*two weeks later*
"i can't believe we only have a month left of summer," max says, we're all having a sleepover at mike's and since max lives right next to me, she's picked me up. i nod, answering her question.
"you just got to be careful around james and troy, they will beat you up to no end. if they do tell me, cause i'll beat their faces in," max tells me, i laugh.
max is my best friend, yes mike is, but i need someone to talk to about him. she was the first person i told about my first kiss. let's just say, she made a big deal. when we get to mike's, he runs out hugging me. we haven't seen each other in a couple of days since i had a lot of doctors appointments and paperwork to fill out.
"okay, mike, don't break him," el jokes.
we set up everything, air mattress, couches, and movies. i go over to el and max.
"he really loves you," el states.
someone loves me.
"i love him too," i write.
max and el squeal, hugging me.
"you should tell him!" max whisper-yells.
i shrug. there's apart of me who wants him to say it first.
"will, babe, come here!" mike yells.
i listen, getting up and coming over to him, dustin, and lucas. i lay my head on his shoulder, smiling.
"it must be nice to have a significant other in your town," dustin says.
"well, that was your choice!" lucas yells.
"who are they talking about?" i ask.
"dustins girlfriend suzie, she lives in utah. they went to summer camp together, she's apparently some genius," mike tells me.
i nod, it's nice to see everyone happy.
*1:44 am*
"will, you up?" mike asks.
of course i'm up. i'm thinking about the boy laying next to me. i nod my head 'yes.'
"can i tell you something?" mike questions.
"of course, what's up?" i answer.
"i love you," mike states.
come on, will! use your voice to tell!
then, i say it out loud.
"i love you too."