Chapter 2: The Little Girl and her Tree

Sage POV but like all of this is flashback sooo

I woke up lying next to a tree. I was groggy and everything hurt. I was 4 years old. I looked up at wall Maria, the garrison guards too focused on a cloaked man to notice me. That's when I saw it. It may have been smaller considering my height at the time, but it looked like a 12m. It stared down at me. I looked straight back into it's eyes

Kenny POV (he technically isn't talking but it's more cohesive this way so suck it up)

So I was dispatching this squad on one of the less populated parts of Wall Maria, and I see the little runt sitting under a tree about 100 yards from the wall. I grabbed one of the garrisons and pointed her out.

"Guess what kiddo. You get to watch her get eaten by that big oaf over there."

I gestured to the big ass titan walking towards the girl. Then something struck me as strange. The little runt didn't run. She didn't move as the titan closed in.

"See kid this is how useless your life is. Can't even save someone while they are right in front of you."

The man and I watched as the titan drew near. He screamed at her to run, but then, and I'll be damned if you tell me this didn't happen, the strangest thing occurred.

Sage POV

I reached out to the big pair of eyes in front of me. My mouth didn't move but my mind seemed to be able to reach it.

"Can oo pick emi uppa?" (I mean like she IS 4!!)

It complied and the cradled me like a baby.

"Cah- can yooo thro em up da wall?"

It took one step and threw me up on the wall. Right I forgot front of the man I would later learn to be Kenny Ackerman. Kenny the Ripper. But my favorite, the Devil Incarnate.

(Quick note at this point for my purposes Levi is 10- making him 6 years older than Sage. This is how it's gonna be because I refuse to admit Levi is in his early 30s at the time we meet him. I refuse.)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ❤️

- I hope to write longer ones in the future but I personally think it's more important for things to end right instead of like never ending.