Chapter 8: Graduation

Camp began to progress and Annie and I actually got pretty close. She ended up teaching me some of her more formal fighting moves. It feels like I've been missing someone to open up to for a long time, and now I have someone. She told me about her childhood with her parents, and I told her about Kenny and how I'm not really form here

The night before graduation I went to talk to the Commandant

C: come in

S: I have a request sir

C: sir? This must be serious

S: I know I'll place top of the class... is there any way I can surrender my spot so that someone who could actually be an MP gets it?

He began to laugh

S: what's do fucking funny?

C: a bit less than 6 years ago Captain Levi asked me the same thing. It's funny how much you two have tried to act like you hate everyone, and then you turn around and pull stuff like this.

S: so ummm can you answer the question

C: yeah I can talk to the 11th place and let them know they can join the MPs

S: thank you sir

A few days later- I was stuck with canons in Trost. Annie, Berthdolt, and Reiner were no where to be found. That's when I heard a sound like thunder. I turned to see everyone get blown off the wall. I began to run toward it when Eren jumped up.

S: distract it while I get down to the gate to defend it

E: already in it!

I swung down in front of the gate to see at least 100 titans of various sizes coming towards me.

S: how in the hell are there just this many randomly?

I began to cut them down but it was no use. They began to pour into the city. It was almost a blur, I was later told I killed and estimated 20 titans total in the 20 minutes before the "incident"

Two titans finally bat me down to the ground. I looked up to see Jean, Connie, and Sasha watching in horror.

S: you know when I said titans can't touch me- I meant it.

Then I stared the big 12m in front of me.

S: stop.

It froze.

S: can you pick me up please friend?

It softly picked me up by the jacket and placed me in its hand. I touched its forehead.

S: what's your name friend.... Samuel. That's a lovely name

Jean: wh- what the hell are you doing?! Are you crazy

S: maybe. You want a ride?

Connie: are you insane I'm not getting near that thing

Just then Armin swung in

Armin: Micasa is in trouble!! I- I don't know what to do. Wait what Sage uh wh.

S: how about we go for a ride. Someone is in trouble

Like that we took off. He was a fast one. It saw Micasa on the ground just then a huge muscular titan appeared and kicked the titan attacking Micasa down. Then it smashed his nape. Then the titan turned towards me. It got out of there just in time for it to butcher Samuel.

S: Armin grab Micasa I want to talk to this guy!

A: You are going to what!

I rolled my eyes and landed on the titan's shoulder.

S: hello

It grunted

S: I know you I don't like me much Eren but you don't have to be so rude.

It turned to me in surprise

S: look I'm gonna be doing my thing but if you see me with a titan I'm not in danger

He stared at me confused

S: look of you're ever in a bad spot just do one of those angry screams ok?

A short while later...

I heard the deafening sound. I was running on fumes though, I would have to switch to wings if I wanted to make it there. Whatever. Eren might be important.

I saw him cornered near base. Most of the crew was just staring as I zipped by

I heard Jean say "hold up since when did sage have wings. Micasa replied, "it's been a thing for a while now so relax."

With the extra mobility I got from my wings I took down all the titans in record time.

S: I don't know where you are in the Eren but you gotta come out now. Your body has to be exhausted.

I heard the rest murmur, Eren? Is she crazy?

The titan fell to the ground and Eren's body shot out from the nape. Micasa jumped down. She grabbed him.

M: H- how did you know?

S: Cause I'm crazy. Look the rest of us- or at least me cause you all haven't been doing all that much- have some killing to do so you take him back ok

M: thanks for saving him

S: don't mention it *sarcasm

Pixis later called us in about blocking up the wall. I found Annie and company and we all went out together. Marco joined us later. I was looking around when I saw Berthdolt and Reiner talking and Marco staring at the shaking. I jumped down behind Marco.

"P- please guys j-just tell me it was a joke."

I stared directly into Reiner's eyes. One swift movement is all it took to draw the knife from my jacket and slit Marco's throat. He fell of the roof behind me.

R: are you stupid? They will know a person killed him.

S: that's why we were never hear

We all began to move away and landed on a different roof.

B: d- does she know?

R: I don't know do you Sage?

S: look I have my own suspicions about you guys but it doesn't matter, because frankly I'm not planning on staying with the core for long. I'll sneak back to the underground as soon as I can.

"Is that so?"

S: does there happen to be a short skinny raven haired asshole with an undercut and a scowl behind me?

R: would you be mad if I said yes?

I turned around to see Levi standing next to Erwin and a few other scouts

Erwin: because I don't believe that's what we agreed upon.

Thanks for reading ❤️