Chapter 3: I've Got Your Back

Quick note: this chapter may twist the lore some so if that bothers you sorry

Sage POV

Well the next 5 years are what you'd expect. I learned how to use a knife, swing a deal, and be little seductive bitch if I had to. I always just assumed Kenny would abandon me an I could go hang with Levi's crew. I already knew how to use the ODMs and my extreme tininess made me in hell of a head target. But Kenny never let go. He kept me for reasons I wouldn't understand until much later.

For "rent" every week I'd get a list of names. MPs, merchants, thugs, it didn't matter. If the name was on the list it would be marked off in blood. I got the code name of Black Dragon. Why? Well you see ever since I was 6 two huge black wings had sprouted form my back. It made it so I could use ODMs freely without using gas. Little did they know one of the most prolific killers in the underground got their nickname when she was 8.

It had been 5 years. I was 9 when a 15 year old Levi, the closest thing I had to a brother, told me one of his missions was to take out a scout. The problem was the scout was also set to take out him and his crew.

"I don't want you to get directly involved but if things go sour and-"

"I've got your back Levi. Don't you ever forget it."

(Quick note: imma bout to fast forward a little bit to where Arwin is basically blackmailing Levi into becoming a scout. If you want to see how it played out you can find it on YouTube)

I saw Levi and his friends tied up. This was it. They needed back up. I didn't care the Kenny would chew me out for getting caught.

"Aaaaagggghhhhh!!!! I'm gonna kill you blonde."

Before he could even react I had a knife to his throat.

"How bout this eyebrows. You let my friends go and I don't slit that pretty little sun tanned throat of yours."

"Who are you?!?" Said another scout.

"Thought the dragon wings might have tipped you off. Now that you know I'm serious I suggest you let my friends go."

No what I didn't expect if for one of the scouts to put a knife at Levi's throat.

"Didn't expect that did yah?" Said blonde, "we are not scared stupid like the bastards in the MP."

Another thing I didn't account for was that I was a 9 year old trying to hold down a grown man. With one swift move he tugged away.

"How old are you kid?" Said blonde

"Wouldn't you like to know." I snarled with my hood up and blood dripping down my nose form the shear speed I had collided into the man with.

"Yeah it doesn't feel to good to be toppled but a 9 year old." Said Levi. As he spoke he motioned a gun shape in his tied up hands. The signal to run. As a surprised blonde turned around I took my leave. They chased me all right, but that's a bit of a blur. I mean I obviously got away. What I do remember is what Levi shouted to me as I flew away.

"I'll be back I promise. As soon as they let their guard down. I've got your back, I promise."

I should've known no one really keeps their promises. They're just little lies we tell to make people feel a bit better.

Thanks for reading ❤️