Chapter 11: Hope

S: so yeah. That was my life for the next 5 years. Killing between 30-50 people each week for pay which was split between Kenny and I for rent. That was, of course, before a certain tall blonde decided I'd be better off up here without the only family I've ever known.

M: I guess that explains why you are so, well, bitter.

S: soon as anyone make sit down there they leave. I wanted to prove it wrong. I wanted to be one of those Prophs.

Jean: prophs?

S: everyone says two people see the sun. Jacks, or jackasses, get dragged up the easy way out by a relative or something. Levi's a jack. Prophs, or prophets, work their way out of poverty and get to the top, then turn around and help out the bottom some. I guess I stand somewhere in the middle.

Eren: i don't know. From what you say you sound like a jack.

S: it's a little different though. Levi took a deal. In the end he had a choice. They had to drag me up here while I kicked and screamed and clawed.

Later that night after our team bonding session, I few of the guys began to pressure me to sing.

Reiner: come on we know you can

Sasha: awww please it was so preeettyyyy

Jean: I am literally begging you

Finally I obliged.

Sage sings "Calk if Silence" from the AOT soundtrack

Jean: well dang.

Sasha: another on pleeeeeease!

S: in your dreams! I'm going to bed.

I walked back to the cabin, and, for the first time in a while, I smiled.

Sorry this is so short but the last one was like soooo long- thanks for reading ❤️