Chapter 10: Ackerman

A few days had gone by since the fight. It had improved, but people still flinched when I moved to quickly. There still were a few weeks before we actually got to leave so we were occupied with menial tasks.

And then it was sparing... and Annie was sick

I fiddled with the wooden knife. Leaning back. It's a little sick how it calmed me down.

"E- excuse me?"

I turned to see the little blonde girl Christa staring at me, shaking.

S: you don't have to look so freaked out. I only bite when it gets dirty.

C: could you help me? I'm really behind with the combat stuff.

I stood up. She was shorter than me, but only by a few inches. The underground doesn't really breed people over 5'4"

S: where's that Ymir girl?

C: she got in trouble and isn't here

S: well then, I guys we'll start with the basics

I spent the whole afternoon teaching the girl how to duck and dodge attacks.

C: why don't you ever attack me with the knife?

S: last time I checked titans didn't carry knives

Reiner and Berthdolt were near us along with Eren and Connie. They both looked over:

C: well they also aren't our size.

S: yeah but they are sluggish and too heavy. If you have the ability to dodge these attacks you might stand a chance at dodging one of theirs.

C: oh! I get it now!

Reiner walked over

R: well okay miss agility- I'm basically I titan compared to you so let's go.

A couple people snickered. The whole group was watching now

S: hah! Watch and learn

Reiner took the knife first lunged forward. It was like everything was in slow motion. I studied him. He placed too much weight in his lower shoulder. It would strained his back that meant...

I jumped up over his head and dig my heel down into his spine. His back immediately gave in as he tumbled to the ground. Everyone began to laugh.

S: my turn!

I held the knife, it fit into my hand like it was made for it. Reiner took a more defensive stance- smart choice- but his front foot was shifted out too far. If I hit his knee he'd buckle and topple over.

I kept my eyes Locked on his as I ran toward. I used the knife as a distraction to act like I was going for his shoulder. Then I kicked his knee square in the center as he fell over. I jumped on him pinning his shoulders with huh my knees. I held the knife to his throat.

S: next time you challenge someone to a fight, make sure they aren't a hired assassin first.

Everyone stood in shock. Only Annie had known about my past, but after the encounter with Levi I was done hiding it like he did.

S: so you even no how many good for nothing MP's I've had laying in your position- cowering in fear? You can go ahead and join them if you want. Hone your skills to fight just so you never have to. But just know that there are people out there like me. People who would kill you, skin you, and wear it around without a second thought. You always wanna talk about reality- here's mine.

I got up and my clam facade returned or my face. Anyone else? Someone pushed through the crowd.

M: I don't want to fight, but where the hell did you learn all this? I think if we have someone dangerous around us we should know. Who exactly is Kenny the Ripper? And what's you history with Captain Levi?