Chapter 24: Liberio

Hi! I would like to note that I currently don't have the money or ability to read the manga. I have been watching videos and trying to get a grasp on the story, but if I mis-characterize or forget anyone I'm really sorry!

Sage walked down the street quietly. Rain began to poor down, and children were beckoned inside. First she stopped at an old, broken house. Levi would have assumed it was under constructions if a woman holding two children came out. Sage silently gave the woman a sack of money.

"Th- thanks you ma'am. The orphanage is very grateful." the woman said. Sage just nodded and continued to walk down the street. Suddenly, she swiftly turned into and alleyway. Levi crossed the street to be able to see down it.

Sage walked up to a tall blond haired man. Reiner. He held out a beer and she slid down the wall, taking a gulp.

"I might need something stronger than this by the end fo the summit." Sage complained, "God why do people have to be the worst?"

"I still don't understand why you chose to do this. You could have done literally anything else. But no. 'I wanna be the most hated diplomat on the continent.' No complaining." Reiner said sarcastically, but quickly noticed Sage wasn't taking it.

"Aww come on over here." Sage melted into her friend's arms. "Not everyone hates you Sage. You got me." Sage smiled.

Just then Levi saw another man walking around the corner.

"You know Zeke won't be happy if her hears about this Reiner." Porco said.

"Who says he needs to know?" Reiner replied, hugging Sage closer.

"How easy is it for you to forget? She watched as they killed Bertholdt! Your friend! And now your all buddy buddy with the enemy!" Porco retorted.

"Listen here Porco. The last thing Betholdt would want is for you to use his death as an excuse to hurt someone. Now shut up and leave." Reiner said firmly.

"Like hell!" Porco replied, throwing a punch at Reiner. That's when Sage snapped. She turned and caught his fist right in the air. She proceeded to knew him straight in the chest. Porco collapsed to the ground, breathing hard.

"I should go." Sage said quietly, and she walked across the street towards Levi. Reiner looked over, squinting, and his face changed from a curious to terrified. He frantically said something to Porco, and both ran off.

Sage and Levi began to walk together.

"You should leave soon, it won't be long before this place is locked down."

"What did you mean when you told me you'd be back when the titans reach the sea?"

"Nice to see you too Levi."

"Answer the question."

"I- I don't know. It was part of a vision I saw when I touched Historia. The pieces don't quite fit together, but I think I might be able to figure it out."

"I see."

The two friends began to catch up, but Sage quickly ushered Levi off to make sure the scouts could escape, but not before she had one last remark.

"Watch out for Eren. Something's... off." 

~~~~~Fast forward to the raid on Liberio

Sage watched as the Warhammer and Attack titans began to fight. Do I pick a side? She thought. She looked at the destruction being created. 

"I have to at least save the people." Sage said to herself. She but her thumb, grabbing the attention of the dueling titans. Eren screamed at her, but she just turned away. Sage began to fly around, picking up children. After she had fit as many as possible, Sage flew to the harbor. 

That's when she saw Armin destroying the Marlean Navy. Everything moved to slow motion as she watched the men and women in the harbor getting crushed beneath Armin's feet. It wasn't just soldiers, but civilians too.

"Get off." Sage's raspy titan voice said. The children quickly stepped off her back. 

"ARMIN! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Sage screamed, but she was ignored. Her blood began to boil. She had advocated for these people. She had insisted they were good people, and they turn around and pull this?

Sage spread her wings, and quickly left the ground. Marlean soldiers looked up as the massive dragon flew around the Colossal's face. Her spiked tail first slashed out his eyes, and she landed on his shoulder.

"If you don't stop this right now, I swear to got I will eat you right here right now. Colossal dragon sounds nice don't ya think?" Sage taunted Armin, but just then a squad of scouts jumped out to defend Armin. Sage dispatched of them easily, but Armin was bale to loosen her grip on his back with steam. But, as always, the Colossal titan was slow. Too slow. Sage quickly stabbed her tail down to the nape of the giant's neck, and pulled Armin out.

Sage flew up to the sky again. She caught up to the airship holding the scouts. She didn't attac, but coasted along beside it. Levi jumped out of the plain and onto her neck.

"What the hell was that Sage?"

"I could ask you the same damn question! Why attack Liberio? Do you know how many of your own people live there?"

"It wasn't my plan! Eren went ahead and decided to trust Ze- oh shit."

Sage's muscles had tensed hearing the name. If Zeke was planning on betraying them, what would happen to Reiner and the other warriors? Sage began to speed up. She had grown rather fond of the warriors, aside from Zeke and Porco. Sage landed in the middle of a stand off. She quickly shook Levi off her back, and stared at Eren, her back to the warriors.

"Leave! Leave or I will kill him!" Sage screamed. She held Armin's limp body in the air. By then the scouting regiment had arrived.

~~~~~~~one epic battle later...

Sage continued to hold firmly onto Armin's body. Just then, a giant hand smashed down on er tail, breaking it and releasing Armin. She looked up to see Zeke's Beast titan. He quickly handed off Armin's body to a scout. Between Eren and Zeke, Sage didn't stand a chance.

She woke up a few days later in a cell opposite to Eren.

Thanks for reading!