Chapter 20: Battle Cry

Sage POV

I saw another group of  scouts coming towards me, and with them a hoard of titans. The group behind me had a fair number coming too. I waited until the scouts split to make my move. My wings had almost healed up.

I let out a huge roar. A battle cry. Challenging any of them to come and fight me. All of the titans paused, and began to back away. A few of the smaller ones began to run away. But there was one that stepped forward- it had a sickening smile. I felt Eren shifting on my back and I remembered that Eren described the titan that killed his mother with a similar smile.

I cut it's akilles with my tail causing it to fall backwards. I jumped on top of it and bit it's neck clean off, destroying the nape. My eyes widened. 

Suddenly I wasn't in the open field. I was in a house. I looked up to see a woman standing over me. 

"I know you won't understand what is happening Tanin, but you'll be drawn to that place, and they will protect you until you're ready." she stared at me crying. Sh reached down and cut my arm. An explosion went off and everything went black.

R: Sage!

I snapped out of it, shaking my head.

R: Come on! We gotta go!

I spread my wings for takeoff, but because of my pause Miakasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, and Connie were able to attach to my body as I left the ground. I was left with a dilemma. I didn't want to hurt them, but I couldn't let them crawl around my body either. 

I shot up into the sky at a high speed, and then stopped to fall immediately. I dropped Sasha and Armin. I shot up again doing donuts in the air. Connie and Jean were out. Suddenly I saw Bertholdt falling off.  I did an immediate nose dive to him. I was able to catch him in my mouth, but Mikasa had come out of nowhere grabbing Eren. I let out on last roar and began to fly towards Wall Maria.

~~~~~ one short flight later

I landed on the wall close to the Beast titan, but not too close. I let Bertholdt and Reiner down, but stayed in my dragon form. A blonde haired man stepped out of the body of the Beast titan. The three began to talk for a bit and then the man stepped up to me.

Z: It's ok Sage. I won't hurt you.

The man spoke to me like I was 6. I stepped out of the body of my titan. I was honestly exhausted, but I tried my best not to show it. 

Z: It's ok to be tired. From what I hear it's been a long day Sage.

S: Who are you?

Z: My name is Zeke. Marley's strongest warrior.

S: Yeah I read about that, I have some questions about what exactly I am.

Z: Did you read about Ymir Fritz?

S: No.

Quick note: this is completely wrong and not the actual lore at all but for story telling purposes oh well.

Z: Long ago The Draakan people ruled the world. It's subjects were shapeshifters who could assume the form of a small dragon, and they were ruled by nine powerful dragons. Despite being conquerors the Draakan were well liked, and often improved the places they went to. Their capital was on Paradis. Ymir Fritz killed all nine dragons and began the Eldian Empire of Titans. As a gift to the Draakan she created a tenth titan, the Winged titan. I wouldn't call it a fair trade, but the Draakan were in no place to fight. After the Winged titan disappeared the Draakan went extinct. Thirteen years ago the titan resurfaced in you, and when we tried to sav-

S: I think the proper turn is exploit.

Z: When we tried to help  you, your parents resisted and activated your titan at the age of four. The explosion killed them, and you flew here out of instinct from long ago when this was the home of the Draakan.

S: So do I only have one year left to live? I read about a curse somewhere?

Z: I don't believe so. From what we know the Winged titan is hereditary, so you have it from birth. Considering you are 17 I don't think that rule applies since you weren't born from Ymir, but rather created by her.

S: Well thanks for the history lesson I guess.

Z: So are you going to join us. Become a warrior? We could free Annie.

S: I'm considering it for sure, but regardless of what I do I have unfinished business inside those walls. 

Z: Well a least tay here for the night to rest up.

~~~ Another day another flight 

I turned a corner down an alley in the underground. The unmistakeable grin of Kenny Ackerman stared back at me.

K: You considered the offer?

S: I'm in.

Thanks for reading!!! Sorry this was kind of an info dump.