Chapter 17: The Beast Titan

Sage POV

I had been awhile since I escaped. I've stayed in that forest near Wall Rose that I had escaped to. There was plenty game in the forest. I had created a few daggers and knives, and I had scavenged some 3DMG gear from what looked like digested and hurled human bodies. 

I've learned a lot about the titans too. I'm certain they were human before they became titans. They have been rather tight lipped on where they come from though. I have observed that they cough up the human remains- I assume their stomachs can't handle it. Most shut down at night, so I would assume sunlight has something to do with their energy. Perhaps like plants. 

It was an overcast day that it showed up. It was at least a 50 m one. All hairy too, like some sort of beast. I swung from tree to tree watching it. I hadn't let my wings out because the wing beats might make noise, and that thing had big ears. I had gotten pretty good at jumping from branch to branch anyways.

I wasn't quite stealthy enough

B: Well what do we have here? A little lost aren't we.

It could talk?

S: What the hell are you supposed to be.

B: Grab her.

A few titans that had been lingering around him began to charge at me. Why? I was in a tree. That's when the beast picked up a boulder and threw it at the branch I was standing on. I quickly popped out my wings and flew to a nearby tree. 

S: Stop attacking me!

B: Why would I do that? Now things just got interesting.

S: Not talking to you.

The titans he had sent after me had frozen. Like they weren't quite sure who to listen to.

B: Well that settles it. You must be Sage Mirage. 

S: HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

B: Fall back. Now.

S: No don't move.

To my dismay they listened to the beast. I glared at it as it approached me, and I readied my blades.

B: Calm down. I don't want you to get hurt. You are too important.

S: What do you know about my past?

B: Curious aren't we. How about you tell your friends inside the wall that there are titans attacking in Wall Rose, and I will give you the answer.

S: Yeah. I've got a few problems with that. First of all the people inside the wall would like to have me arrested and probably killed. Second I don't trust you.

B: Yet you trust me enough to ask about your past.

S: I guess I'm just desperate.

B: Do you know how Eren changes into his titan?

S: He bites his thumb.

B: Keep that in the back of your mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

time skip to Reiner, Ymir, Historia, and company trapped in tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still Sage POV

It wasn't hard to hear their screams as the more elite ones died. The night was quiet before they came.

I hopped onto an abnormal quadripad and grabbed my blades.

S: I guess it's time to be a hero.

It wasn't hard to take out the titans attacking the tower. Probably had something to do with the fact I told them to stand completely still.

S: Well look who it is. 

Ymir: I thought you ran off over the wall.

Connie: Yeah you deserting bastard.

S: I wouldn't pick a fight with the person who just saved your ass. I could cal more friends here if you're feeling ungrateful.

Reiner: Thanks for the help Sage.

Historia: Uh, guys.

I looked up to Wall Rose.

S: You again dammit.

He had cranked back his arm ready to throw. The boulder flew towards us.

What did he say to me? Keep Eren biting his thumb in the back of my mind?

Well it's worth a shot.

An explosion echoed throughout the forest.

Muscles and tissue swirled around.

A huge black dragon had caught the boulder in it's tail.

It's scales were sleek and black, and the tissue between it's wings a grey color. It's eyes glowed a yellow hue, but were unmistakably Sage's. It had spikes coating its tail, and the could shoot out at a moments notice.

But the roar. It was like nothing any of them had ever heard before. Eren's was filled with rage. Annie's was fear. But Sage, for her it was a battle cry. It was a challenge. Come and face me, if you dare.

Thanks for reading!!