Chapter 19: The Rest of the World

Sage POV

I woke up to my body steaming. Burns coated the front of my entire body. My clothes were torn and ragged. I don't even know how the survived. I looked around to find I was sitting in a tree branch above Eren and Ymir.

Reiner: It took you long enough sleepyhead. 

S: What the hell happened? Where am I?

Ymir: I can fill you in. You saved everyone's asses and then got kidnapped by those two.

S: Fantastic. What the hell do you want from me anyway?

R: I'm taking you back to my hometown.

S: Does that happen to be the same place the giant talking monkey is from?

Both Reiner and Berthdolt stared at me in surprise.

B: You talked to him?

S: More like he talked to me. He was the one who gave the idea to do that whole biting your thumb routine. 

R: Sage you are from the same place as Berthdolt, Annie, and me. 

S: And why should I believe you?

R: What reason do I have to lie.

S: What reason do I have to trust you? I'm better off taking my chances with the humans I know rather than a spy.

Reiner sighed. He grabbed a small book out of his pocket. 

R: How about this. Here is all the information I have with me about the Outside World. About my home. I will give it to you with time to read it if you can take us to Wall Maria. From there you can make your own decision about what to do next. Fair?

S: Fair.

I began to read the book, toning out Eren's screams of "bastard" and "traitor". After a few hours of reading I looked up.

S: Reiner this is all very interesting but there isn't anything in it about what I am.

R: From what I know those are restricted documents. The person inside the beast titan knows more than I do, so perhaps, if you chose to come with us, you can ask him.

Suddenly, the sounds of flares went off.

R: Damn it that was quick.

*Queue Ymire freak out session*

Quick authors note: This is my own personal vendetta that I am making cannon- It literally makes no sense to me that Ymir was faster than the scouts in the forest. So we are gonna say they are tailing her close behind.

As soon as we got out of the forest I transformed, but while I was unprotected Mikasa drove he blades into my wing joints, that wasn't going to heal exactly quickly.

I was a lizard scurrying across the ground away from the scouts. Thank god for open fields. They returned to their horses, and it was a footrace. One that I was losing due to my exhaustion from taking the explosion earlier. 

That's when I heard the rumbling of titans

Thanks for reading. I'm hoping I will have the time to make the next chapter a long one considering I have the weekend!