Chapter 27: Peace

"Could we maybe end on a less sorrowful note?" Armin asked after they toasted to their fallen comrades.

Sage began to sing again. (this is another Amalee cover with the wings of freedom song)

No soul can say they've died in vain

Not until the endWhen the final arrow meets the battlefield

The song was an old scout anthem that had been largely ignored for years.

How can we win?

Our foe is gigantic.But deep within we're just as barbaric.Wielding the blades of Gloria.We're made for victory.

Armin and Mikasa started to dance together, and soon Connie, Falco, Gabi and Peick joined them.

Only we dare to bare these wings on our backs.

We've all carved an oath into our hearts.Beating in unity.

Sage smiled at the group dancing around. Jean had joined in to, jokingly flirting with Mikasa.

As our voices form the battle cry of the free.

We were born for the skies...With these wings of freedom.

Just as Sage finished she got a headache. She felt her head was about to split open. He body began to burn as it disappeared before her eyes.

...

She woke up in a different place. There were statues of titans and a the sky was beautiful. She looked around to see a young girl looking at her. Those eyes. They were the same eyes she had seen years ago.

The girl didn't speak, but the world began to spin around them as they viewed a memory from the pass. Sage looked upon the massacred bodies of the Draakan people. She watched as past Ymir got out of her titan.

A lone woman slowly crawled out from the piles of bodies. She looked surprised to see the thing that had hurt them was just a little girl.

"I-I'm sorry." past Ymir said, tears draining from her eyes. 

What happened next Sage did not expect. The woman wrapped past Ymir into a tight embrace.

"Ssshhhh... It's ok child. It's not you fault they took advantage of you." the woman said, before bleeding out and going limp, her body still warming past Ymir. She stepped back and looked at the woman. Ymir had just killed everyone the woman had ever known, yet she did not seek revenge.

Ymir placed her hand on the woman's head.

"I don't want you to die. I'll give you a gift. Never use it for violence." she said as the woman's heart began to beat, and past Ymir walked away.

Sage was returned to the coordinate plane.

"We're at the coordinate right?" Sage asked. Ymir just nodded yes.

"But how is that? I thought I wasn't connected to this?" Sage said.

"I brought you here." The girl finally spoke. She walked Sage over behind a titan to see Eren and a chained down Zeke.

"Why are you here?" Eren said, turning angrily.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Sage replied.

"You are here because you have no titan powers here. Because I want you to fight. I want to see who is stronger. War or Peace. Whoever wins gets the power of the Founding Titan.

Without his shifting Eren was nothing compared to Sage. He wasn't abad fighter, but Sage had been training all her life to take people down. She pinned Eren to the ground, a knife at his throat.

"Finish it." Ymir said.

Sage hesitated.

"No. The bloodshed ends here. If this battle never ends then the world is safe from Eren."

Ymir smiled. "It's just like the first time I met you."

With that Eren, Zeke, and Sage's bodies began to disappear. 

...

Eren woke up next to Zeke. Towering over them was the massive Founding Titan Sage. She stood upright intsead of all fours, but still had wings on her back and scales coating her skin. Both Eren and Zeke attempted to change into titans, but it wouldn't work.

That's when Sage's voice could be heard by all Eldians.

"Eren Jaeger has been defeated. The titan shifters shall be no more. That is the will of the Founding Titan"

Two days later...

Just like that it was over. The walls were put back in place, Eren, Zeke and the Yeagerists were subdued, and Sage diplomatically freed the Eldians from discrimination and brokered peace with the world. So far we haven't seen anything of her. She flew into the mountains and never came back. And that was the end of the Tale of  Ten Titans.

Armin stepped back from his book. It had taken years to write, but it was finally done. Now the world would know the real story

The End

Thank you so much to anyone who actually made it to the end of this long af thing. Love you all.