Chapter thirty

Ace's point of view

2 weeks later

"Ace!" I've heard this so many times, that I automatically turn around, bow my head down, and say: "Yes ma'am?"

"Are you done with your chores?" I clench my hands into fists, and press my nails into my palms. Slowly I look up into her eyes. "Yes ma'am.. But I.. I uhm.." Biting the inside of my bottom lip, I look nervous at her. "I accidentally put something in the dryer that wasn't supposed to go in there.. I'm so sorry.."

She smiles. That's the weird thing about these 2, whenever I do or say something wrong, they smile. And not one of those cruel smiles, looking forward to my punishment. No, kind and generous smiles. Where does that come from?

"What was it? And what happened to it?" Slowly opening my hands – to not get wounds on my hands – I answer her. "It was that sweater ma'am.. The blue one.. I'm so sorry I know you loved it b-but I didn't know and.. Well it's kind of ruined now."

Turning my gaze down at the floor again, I place my hands onto my back. She needs to know I'm sorry. That I feel bad. I need to be the lower one now, she needs to feel her power over me. That works, it always does.

I hear a soft chuckle, then some footsteps walking away, coming back, and stopping in front of me. "Ace I'm not gonna get mad at you, but I will punish you." Walking to my back, she takes my wrists.  "You did something I don't like, so I don't want you to do it again." Something cold gets locked around them. Cuffs of course. "Next time, make sure everything is able to go into the dryer." They get tightened around my wrists, until they cut into my skin slightly. "If you're not sure, don't put it in. Am I clear?"

Nodding quickly, I reply: "Yes ma'am. My apologies, again." My wrists get pulled backwards, and so do I. Trying not to trip, I quickly take a step backwards. "Good. You're getting a few hours in the basement. When I free you, I want you to start making dinner immediately, without me having to tell you again."

As I nod again, I get pulled down the stairs. Then she turns me around, so I don't have to walk backwards, and can walk in myself. I walk to the middle of the room, and look at her without saying anything.

With no emotion on her face, she takes my wrists and hooks them to the ceiling. My feet are still flat on the ground, but only if I stand up straight. Without looking up at it, I hear a lock click and a key getting pulled out of it. Without any words, Ms Brown leaves.

-----------

One month after that

"Ms Brown I finished painting the second wall of the nursery. I still think the green could be a bit lighter. I can mix some white with it..?" I say while looking at her with a smile that says "pleeeaase?"

Laughing, she shakes her head. "No Ace, we like this colour. Thank you for the offer though." she says with a wink. Then she turns around and walks to the kitchen. I quickly walk after her. I can now, since my leg is almost completely healed.

"But ma'am-" I begin, but she interrupts me after stopping and turning around to me, making me stop too. "Please stop calling me that. It's just Emily. And you can call Dave by his name too, he won't mind." she tells me, while laying one hand on her belly.

My eyes widen, and my mouth drops open. They want me to use their first names? I don't think I've ever called anyone by their first names in like a few years. "Oh my Lord. I will.. Thank you.. So much." I exclaim, before getting tears in my eyes and wrapping my arms around her, being careful with her belly, of course.

Without seeing it, I can feel her smile. She softly hugs me back, and then takes a step back. As she clears her throat, I smile brightly at her. "You're welcome. I'm gonna cook, you can go do something fun. There's this new movie at Netflix, what's it called? Well I don't know, but I think you'd like it."

"But ma-.. Emily, I should cook, not you." I say confused. "No, it's okay. I like cooking. Go!" I nod, and quickly make my way to the living room, I don't want to talk back too much. But damn..

-----------

2 months after that

"Oh come on!" I cry out, putting my cards down on the table. "I can never win this game! It's not fair." Emily giggles, and at the same time Dave chuckles. Which makes them look at each other, and when their eyes lock, they burst out laughing.

"You 2 have been working together, I bet you have. Yeah I'm onto you! Next time I'm winning." I say, after getting up and giving them a semi-dirty look. "Yeah yeah go blame us for you just sucking at this. Get me a beer, Ace."

I nod, while walking at the kitchen. Not noticing Emily's soft voice muttering something to Dave, I pull open the fridge. Then I hear Dave's voice again: "Please."

"Oh wow, he said please.. What did I do? Oooh did you finally realize I'm a way better fuck than her?" I joke, after pulling out a beer and turning around. Dave shoots me a look that says "yeah just shut up and give me my beer".

So I walk at him, wink, and put his beer down. Emily smiles at me, and asks me if she could get a water. I tell her that of course she can, and then think to myself that she might let me drink some alcohol. They're both in a good mood, because they won the game. Again..

Instantly, I get her a cold glass of water. Setting it on the table, I give her one of my kindest smiles. "Emilyyy.." She smiles and chuckles, knowing what's coming. "Yes Ace, you can have one beer. Just 1!"

"YES! I knew it would work, I'm the best oh my God." I yell out, running back  to the kitchen. After getting hold of my cold can of beer, I close the fridge and walk back at them. But when I notice their serious faces, I realize they've been talking quietly while I was getting my beer.

I give them a suspicious look. "Come on, spit it out, what did I do wrong this time?"

"Nothing Ace, we just have something to talk to you about. Come sit down, put the cards back in the box and listen to us." I can't help raising an eyebrow, before doing what she told me to. "Okay done.. What's up?" I ask.

"Ace, look at me." Dave's deep ish voice, coming from the other side of the table. My eyes snap to his side, to look right into his. "Emily and I decided that IF you keep obeying us, you can get one day a week off and we'll allow you to go out 2 nights a week."

I blink a few times, and then realize what he just said. "N-No.. I don't believe you, you're fucking with me. Don't do that Dave, that's mean I don't like that.." I try my best not to stutter, and look at Emily in confusion. She smiles at me and then nods, reassuring me he's not kidding.

"Oh my Lord.." I breathe out, holding my head in my hands. Why is this such a big thing to me? Is it because I've always dreamed of getting drunk in a club where it's way too hot, not knowing anyone and then ending up hooking up with 3 people at the same time? Or is it because no one's ever been this nice to me?

"But," Emily starts, "that doesn't mean you get much more freedom. When you have a day off, you're not allowed to go outside, unless you're wearing your smart watch. Locked! And on your nights out you can only leave after you've done all your chores, and we want you home by 2. Don't try to run away, we won't go try to find you, and your life will only get worse."

I nod around 10 times in a row, while trying to process everything I just got told. "Thank you Emily.. Thank you Dave. Thank you so much guys. Thanks thanks thanks. Oh my god, thank you!"