We can wait

Hi so I wanted to write a short fluff on consent and love since a lot of my smuts skip that a bit😁

"Did you enjoy the concert Tenya? I really liked the opening band they were amazing! I think their name was Rohna (actually a band they're great they're on insta in case you're curious)" you ranted on and on about how much you enjoyed the 6 hour concert. It wasn't his scene but he enjoyed your happiness.
    "It was different than what I'm used to, but I enjoyed spending time with you" he smiled at you lovingly. He was exhausted and you could tell.  You reached up to give him a hug that he happily returned. "I would like for us to take the next step of you're ready Iida." You looked up him shyly and he returned your look with a nervous smile. "I'm not sure if I'm ready, we can try but I can't promise anything" he said to you timidly. "Ok that works for me let's just see where we go" you said to him as you climbed into bed and motioned for him to join you.  He laid down and he moved on top of him gently kissing his cheeks and then the corners of his mouth until your lips met his. You knew he was into it as he slid his hands to your hips and rub circles with his thumbs. You kept giving him butterfly kisses while experimental grinding down on him. You felt a poke and pressure under you and you knew his body was ready but his face said otherwise.
"Iida? If you're not ready we don't have to. We can stop here" you looked at him concern in your eyes and voice. He didn't want to disappoint you but he just wasn't mentally or emotionally ready. He looked away from you ashamed "Are you sure? I don't want you to think less of me. That I'm not man enough or that I'm too fragile." You got off him and moved to cuddle "I would never think less of you. Consent is a two-way street and I would never take your choice away. I am a little disheartened but I'll always wait for you. We can wait" you kissed his forehead and turned on Netflix. He laid his head down on your chest and wrapped his arms around you. "I love you so much Y/N". "And I you"
   The two of you fell asleep watching cheesy cooking shows while cuddling. You both knew that the wait would be well worth it when you were both ready.