↘︎ chapter seventy

70 | Death Eaters sneak into Hogwarts

After the Christmas break, Marley Macmillan, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny returned to Hogwarts by floo powder. Then, by June, everything was normal, except that on his seventeenth birthday, Ron was poisoned and filled with love potion. Visits to Hogsmeade were canceled; Harry, Ron and Hermione enrolled in the Apparition course that Marley had taken last year.

Somewhere by April, Katie Bell had finally returned from St. Mungo, but she still had no idea who had put the Imperius curse on her. In the end of the month, Marley turned eighteen years old. She received letter with birthday presents from the twins, Angelina, Lee Jordan, Brielle Macmillan and Noelle Black. Harry, Ron and Hermione also gave her something for her birthday.

Lately, Marley has not had much time to rest and talk, as she has been frantically learning about her NEWT exams. If anyone was talking to her, she would just nod and sometimes even grunt. She hasn't talked to Ginny lately, because she was always studying. The red-haired girl had OWLs this year.

But of course, she had continued to go for Quidditch trainings. Their team had reached the finals, and after it was understood that Harry had been punished by Snape and wouldn't be playing, everyone was shocked. Ginny was a Seeker, and Dean Thomas played like a Chaser. After all, the Gryffindor team took the Cup for the third consecutive year.

All of Marley's and Ginny's exams had already passed, the two girls could rest in peace by the end of the term. Now, by the end of the school year, they didn't have to worry about anything. So, a few days before the end, the fake galleon that Marley was still keeping from DA's meetings started getting hot in her pocket. She and Ginny were going up to Gryffindor's common room when Ginny felt the burning of her coin.

"What's happening?" frowned the redhead. "There can't be a DA meeting. I think something's wrong."

"You're right." said Marley and reached out for the coin in the pocket of her skirt but then she saw Ron, Hermione and Neville Longbottom running down the stairs towarsds them. Hermione was holding the Marauder's Map in her hands and ron an old sock.

"Hey, Harry has a mission for us." said Ron, panting. "Malfoy is up to something and he wants us to keep an eye on him."

"And where is Harry?" asked Marley. Ron and Hermione looked at each other, not quite convinced if they could trust her about it. But she was his sister. "I'm his sister and I have to know what's going on with my brother! So you're going to tell me unless--"

"Fine! Fine!" exclaimed Ron. "Just don't jinx my fingers, please. We don't have much time. Noen, Brooklyn and Luna are coming too. They are from the loyal DA members."

Ron and Hermione quickly told Marley and Ginny about Harry's adventure with Dumbledore, the Horcruxes, about Malfoy's plans and how he was spotted to use to Room of Requirement.

"So, we're following Malfoy right?" Marley raised and eyebrow, while Hermione was giving her the Marauders' Map. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. Okay, maybe someone should go to keep an eye on Snape."

In that moment from the corridor were heard footsteps. Marley thought it was Filch and he would scold them to go back in the common room, but it were Noen Black, Brooklyn Ray and Luna Lovegood. After the three arrived, they told them the main reasons why Hermione had called them.

"Luna, we'd go to Snape's office," said Noen Black, looking at the Map. "He's in there. Uhm, but we need a third person. Who's volunteer?"

"Don't look at me," Brooklyn held up her hands in the air. "I want to see what Draco is up to. Maybe Hermione would go with you and Luna."