one

asher
▪︎

"Welcome to the team, Hayes. I've heard really good things about you. I hope you don't disappoint me!"

"I won't coach. Thank you very much."

If half of a hot lacrosse team wasn't good enough, here comes another one.

I listened in to the coach signing on a new player to our schools' team, Eastfield High Eagles. He was new and apparently incredibly good.

I focused back on to the homework in front of me. I always had to wait until lacrosse practice was over since my twin brother was on the team and he was my only ride home.

It's become my norm since freshman year. The whole team knew me and if I wasn't sitting in the bleachers at a training, they got afraid that something had happened to me.

They were almost like a second family. Except they were all teenage boys.

"Oi loser, let's go," I turned around and found Conan washed and ready to go home.

Quickly packing up my things, I raced down the stairs and towards the car. We had to pay for the car ourselves, it wasn't anything special. Just a small, second-hand truck that we got off some sketchy guy, at least it works.

"I've got news you are going to love," Conan quickly said out of nowhere. I raised my eyebrows in question, "Our training is being extended for an extra hour Wednesday night."

Ugh! If there is anything worse than already staying for his training, waiting around any longer is absolutely miserable!

"You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking!" he gently pulls a smirk on to his face. He wasn't lying...

"You'll survive. At least there is someone else for you to thirst over now," he says, raising his eyebrows at me. Stupid bitch.

"I'll let you know that I do not thirst over any of them! You're all disgusting, do you know that?"

"Oh, come on Ash, yes you do. Theo has even said to me that he caught you looking at his ass before whilst we were playing a scratch," I look at him shocked before turning around in my seat and staring out the window.

I didn't want to admit it to him, but I had stared at the other guys before. Lacrosse boys are another level of hot. And Theo? Gosh he was fucking hot. So was Fletcher and Jasper and Ryan and Levi. Oh, and don't forget about the new guy. I don't even know what his name is.

"What's the name of the new guy?" I caved.

"Oh him? Um, I think his name is Zander Hayes. He only just moved here from interstate. Apparently, he was the best player for his old teams for years. He better not take my best player spot I swear!"

Zander Hayes.

I like that. It's sexy.

"Don't go thirsting on his ass too. He looks and seems to be 1000 percent straight. You don't have a chance so don't even try!" he did not just say that...

"What do you mean I don't have a chance? You never know, he could like guys? At least I can always dream right?"

"No, and no. I highly doubt it," Conan can be the most judgmental piece of shit sometimes, I swear. "If you like him that much, why don't you just go and ask him on Wednesday?"

No. No. Oh fuck no. Never. Nope. Not happening.

"Fuck no. You know that I would never have the guts to do that. Who are you kidding?" look, I don't have anxiety or a fear of talking to people. But people that are hot and that could potentially bully me are a no-go zone.

"Why not? You are never going to get a boyfriend if you sit on your ass like a stale bucket of piss!" he stated, chuckling away at my embarrassment.

"Piss off Conan!"

We sat quietly for the rest of the drive home. It wasn't a long drive, but we seemed to be getting every red light possible. That doesn't bother me though. I am content sitting here doing the puzzle on my phone.

As soon as we got home, I was up to my room in a flash. It's not like I had anything important to do. I just wanted my alone time for a bit after being at school all day.

All I want is a nap.

▪︎

"Oi loser, wake up, dinner's ready!"

I heard Conan yell from the other side of the door, waking me up from my ever so not peaceful nap.

Dinner in our house was never interesting. Our family didn't exactly have a lot of money behind our name, so dinner was never too fancy. Tonight was just basic chicken and chips. A classic lazy meal brought to you by my dad.

Dad and I didn't get along too well. He tried, but never quite enough.

He got along like a house on fire with Conan, but that's because he is straight, and I'm not.

When I came out as gay to dad, he didn't take it the best. He didn't completely reject me, but it wasn't like he supported me or liked the idea of me being gay. At least he didn't kick me out the house like a lot of other kids. Conan wouldn't let him do that anyway.

Benefits of having a twin brother. He was quite protective over me. He would hurt anyone that hurt me in any way. I know it's true, cause it's not like he hasn't done it before.

Mum's not around anymore. She was a devoted Christian. I came out one day, two years ago, and she was gone by the next day. The good thing is that dad doesn't blame me for mum walking out on us. Apparently, he was going to file for a divorce anyway. They had been pretty distant for quite some time.

Once dinner was over, we all went our separate ways again. That's how it was most nights in the Tyson household.

▪︎

first chapter done. a little boring, but it serves as an intro. we'll spice things up later on ;)

also this was supposed to be a basic straight story but look how that turned out...

(lol I changed the steak to chicken because where yall are from, steak is expensive oop)

vote, comment, share, whatever ♡

thanks lovelies <3