four

zander
▪︎

My, my, that boy was something.

I have to admit. I thought moving to a new school would be a daunting experience due to my past, but so far, it's been great.

I was immediately welcomed to the lacrosse team. I have already made friends with the boys on the team. Even though I don't speak much yet. I think they understand since I am still new.

Lastly, Asher.

I saw him for the first time when he was sitting on the bleachers when Coach announced I was a part of the team.

I saw him again at the next training. I caught him staring at me. It was cute, so I winked at him. The confusion on his face when I did that was hilarious. He looked around, probably wondering if I did it at somebody else.

Although, I didn't pay much attention to him the rest of the time. Up until I spoke to him at the field earlier today during P.E. Don't worry, I wanted to, but I couldn't. It was too risky. What if the team finds out? I couldn't have a repeat of what happened at my old school again here. That took months to recover from. I couldn't go through that pain again.

asher
▪︎

pipster ;)
I'm leaving home now. I'll be there in 5.

asher
aight, ill see you in a bit

pipster ;)
✌💚

Today was Monday.

Pip was coming to my school. MY school.

I was so happy yet so scared. Not only for her, but for me as well! After years of being lonely at school, I'll finally have my best friend back with me.

Soon enough, she pulls up in front of our house. Conan and I say goodbye to Dad, he was sitting on the couch, watching the news as normal. He didn't even notice us saying goodbye.

As soon as I saw Pip though, thoughts of Dad rushed out of my mind. I called shotgun, before running to the front seat, jumping in, and giving Pip a big hug. We were still hugging when we heard Conan get in to the back seat. Eventually we pulled apart though.

"Hey Pip, how's life?" Conan asked, placing his bag on the floor and taking a bite of the banana he grabbed from the fruit bowl before walking out the door.

"Life's good! I'm excited!" She said, excited? When I think of the first day. I don't imagine being excited.

"Excited? Why would you be excited?" She looked almost saddened. What did I do?

"Do you not know what the date is?" I shake my head honestly.

"Um, no, I honestly haven't checked. How bad is that?" I say slightly laughing before grabbing my phone out and checking the date. As soon as I do, my mouth drops as I look up at her, "Holy shit Pip, 7 years!" The smile on her face slowly grows back once she realises I do remember the date.

"7 years since what? I know it's not your birthday," I roll my eyes at Conan, although I don't really expect him to remember.

"It's been 7 years since I came out to this doofus," she says, smiling the biggest I have seen in awhile.

"Hey! I'm not a doofus!" I still remember the day she came out to me. It will be something that I will hopefully never forget.

flashback
▪︎