fifteen

asher
▪︎

zander 🥺👉👈
Get ready
I'll be there in 15?

The message came out of nowhere. I had just gotten out of the shower. I had taken the neighbour's dog out for a walk and didn't want to get into bed sweaty.

Although, now it seems that I'm getting that nap at all.

asher
whyyyyyyy?
i was about to take a nap

zander 🥺👉👈
Take your nap later
I'll be a few houses down from yours in 10.

It's been a week since I told Conan about Zander and I and I was still yet to tell him Conan knew.

asher
alright.

I was dressed in a red knitted sweater and black jeans. Not going to lie, I looked cute.

I didn't know what Zander had planned because he didn't reply to my last message. It's not like I asked him. It would have been nice if he'd told me though.

I walked out of my bedroom and down to the kitchen. I wasn't quite hungry, but I was peckish. I spotted Conan sitting at the breakfast bar, eating a bowl of coco pops.

I walked to the pantry, grabbing a packet of cheese and onion chips, slowly nibbling on them.

"What got you all dressed up?" Conan asked, standing up from the stool to rinse out his empty cereal bowl.

"This isn't dressed up?" I asked questionably. I didn't think I looked too dressy.

"For you, that's dressy. You're not wearing an oversized hoodie or baggy trackies. You going out with Zander or something?"

"Uh, yeah. He just sent me a message saying get ready," as I said that. The notification beep came through. "That must be him."

I packed up the chips, placing them back into the cupboard.

"Aight, be safe," he said cockily. The shit bag.

"Yeah, whatever, I'll see you later."

I slammed the door shut behind me and walked to the edge of the driveway. I spotted his car a few houses away, but not too far.

The yellow car stood out like a sore thumb. Every house and car around this street was so dull. Then boom, bright yellow car. It's not a sexy car in the slightest.

"Hey boo," boo? He called me boo? That's new.

"Hi," I said softly. Almost nervous for whatever we were about to do.

"I thought I would take you somewhere nice," he said, starting his car and driving away.

"Oh nice? Like where?"

"I thought maybe we could cook? My grandma's friends are coming over from Newark for the week and she asked me if I could bake her stuff tonight."

"And you said yes?"

"Yeah. I can cook you know. I thought it might be fun if we did it together," I never imagined when he picked me up that we would spend the night cooking. I'm a horrible cook. I manage to fuck up noodles.