eight

asher
▪︎

I opened the door to my house. I had just gotten back from Pip's. It was already 4.30. Zander would be here in two hours.

I hadn't really spoken, or even seen Conan since my outburst on Monday. He stayed in his room, or went to a friend's house, most likely to Isaiah. Those two were inseparable.

I don't know where Dad was. He still has his job, but he's not there. They don't operate on weekends.

As I was heading up the stairs, I heard the sound of voices coming from Conan's room. I know I shouldn't disturb him, he most likely wouldn't want to see me right now.

I entered my own room. Placing my bag on the floor and flopping on to my bed face first. I didn't want to move.

So I didn't. Surely I could just have a little nap?

▪︎

"Asher? Are you in there?" I heard the knocking on my door, pulling me out of my nap. Just as it was getting the good part of my dream.

Although, it didn't sound like Conan, or dad?

I slowly got up from my bed and pulled myself towards the door.

"Zander?" what was he doing here? "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, remember the text I sent you? Tonight? 6.30?" ah shit.

"Oh crap! I'm so sorry, I fell asleep," I rushed to get ready. Pulling different clothes out of my wardrobe and chucking on whatever looked best and fixed up my hair, which didn't take much effort.

I suddenly paused and looked towards Zander, "How did you get inside? Did Conan see you? What did he s-"

"Aye, calm down. One, the front door was left open. Two, Conan doesn't seem to be here, so we're fine," okay. That's alright.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I could look better, but it's probably fine.

"Does this look alright?" I ask Zander, who is still standing at the door, holding a bunch of sunflowers that I had only just noticed, but he seemed to notice the look in my eyes once I saw them.

"It's cute. Also, I got these for you," he handed me the flowers, "I didn't want to show up with nothing, and, I mean, everyone likes sunflowers," I blushed at the gesture. No one had ever gotten me sunflowers before.

"I love them, thank you," I rushed out of the room, heading towards the display cupboard and pulling out a crystal vase. "Should I put them in my room or on the kitchen table,"

"Hmm, your room. They would look better in here," I nodded my head, going back to my room and placing them on my dresser.

"Alright, you ready to go?" I agreed, grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys, before going out the front door and towards Zanders car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," he replied. I don't like surprises that much. They're usually always bad. Plus, I never knew how to react to them.