twelve

asher
▪︎

"That's cute!" Pip exclaimed whilst cleaning the coffee machine. "So, like, did he make out with you in the middle of the ice?"

I didn't say anything. I put my head down, continuing to do my cleaning part.

"Oh my god, you did! You're such a fucking cliche Ash," I laughed at her statement. I couldn't stay silent that much longer.

"Shut up bitch, I know. I don't need reminding," our casual conversation went on for the next few hours. It was Thursday. Another late night. We hadn't had that many customers so far, but with Pip, it was never that boring.

"So, what happened with you know who?" I asked, thinking of the perfect conversation to taunt her with.

"Who's 'you know who'? I don't know them," her sarcastic remark didn't go unnoticed.

"Don't be a bitch Pip. Tell me what happened with him!"

"God Ash! Who?"

"Isaiah you idiot. I saw you two get into his car yesterday after school!" her face turned beet red.

"Uh, you know, nothing? I don't know what you're talking about?" she finished her answers as if they were questions.

"Don't be a dumb ass, you forced me to talk about Zander. Now tell me about Isaiah!" I pressured. I didn't want anything bad happening to her.

It's not that I don't trust Isaiah, because I do, more than most people. I was just scared for Pip. I don't want her getting hurt.

"He just took me home. My sister wasn't able to take me home. I didn't want to bother you and Conan cause you guys are annoying as fuck sometimes-"

"Excuse me, now we are not!" well, I wasn't, but I couldn't say the same thing for Conan.

"Shut up, yes you are. Anyway, he offered me a lift. I didn't want to catch the bus, so I took it," she looked like a love struck donkey. Still cute, but a major ass.

"Have you told him yet?" she knew what I was talking about. I was scared for her. I don't want her getting hurt over someone because of her past. It hasn't happened all too much already. She doesn't need anymore pain. Especially when it's someone I can tell she really likes.

"No. I don't know how too," she put the washcloth down and lent against the counter. Breathing in deeply and taking her time to process her thoughts. "I want to tell him before it's too late, but it's just too hard for me. I'm scared he'll hate me and end up telling the whole school."

"Hey, hey," I placed my hands comfortingly on her shoulders. "He won't hate you. I know Isaiah, he is not that person. If anything he'll support you. He didn't even bat a bad eyelash when I told him I was gay. I get that it's not the same, but he won't hate you. He should still like you the same way, it shouldn't matter who you used to be." she started crying.

"Fuck," Pip wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. "I really do love ya Ashy. I'm so glad I met you."

"I know you do, love you too stupid."

▪︎
(play attached song here please)

I sat underneath the big tree by the tennis courts. My sandwich was sitting in my lap and the peach iced tea in a bottle in the ground.

Pip wasn't at school today. She managed to burn herself cooking an egg. A damn egg. Anyway, even though it's not bad, she used it as an excuse to leave me alone for hours on end.