twenty nine

asher
▪︎

I lost Zander in there. It was too hot and sweaty, I had to get out.

I sat outside on one of the deck chairs, it was cold out here, but better than what it was in there.

"Hey, why are you sitting out here all alone?" a girl, with dyed purple hair, a lip piercing, and sporting an all black goth girl vibe  walked up and sat in the chair beside me. I didn't know who she was, she must go to another school or something.

"Getting out of whatever is happening in there," I replied honestly. I didn't really want to come to this party. They're always shit. But I did it for Zander, he needed to come out and have fun.

'Fair enough," she said, leaning back in the chair and propping her feet up. "I'm Gia, nice to meet you."

"Asher," I lean over, shaking the hand that she'd extended.

"I don't really know what to talk about. I'm just out here to get away from my boyfriend. He is such a dick when he's had too much to drink. How about you? Tell me about yourself Asher," she said fast. This girl, Gia, had also had a fair bit to drink, her words were slurred and she had an almost empty bottle of some alcohol in her hand.

"Boyfriends can he dicks sometimes," I didn't really know what else to say. Zander hadn't really been a 'dick' to me yet, but the time will surely come.

"Oh my gosh. Do you have a boyfriend?" I don't really know how she concluded that, but honestly, she was too drunk, and I wasn't going to lie about it. I was proud to be Zander's boyfriend.

"Uh, yeah. I d-"

"I have never met someone gay! Sorry, you are gay right? I don't want to assume or anything," I nodded my head slowly. I'm not really used to this type of conversation.

"That's so cool! I've never met someone that's gay. Well, at least that I know of. I used to have a best friend, and she like, fetishised all type of gay people. It was kinda weird, but I mean. I don't know. I'm not her friend anymore. She cheated on her boyfriend and I just said nope. I don't like cheaters. So I best friend dumped her," she took another sip of the drink in her hand, emptying it.

"Anyway, enough about that whore ass lying cheating bitch. How about you! Tell me about your boyfriend. Is he hot?"

We were talking for a while. I didn't even know what the time was. Gia was so fun to talk to. We had even exchanged numbers.

"Anyway, Oscar is summoning me," she pointed to the window behind us, where her equally looking goth boy boyfriend stood with puppy dog eyes, trying to get Gia back inside.

"Alright, it was nice talking to you," I said as we both stood up from the chairs.

"Yeah I know! I will text you sometime. We can totally hang out cause you're really cool and I like you. Go find your boyfriend. Make out, have good sex, and rest peacefully. So long," she threw her hands up in the air as she walked back inside. All I could think about was what she just said. Make out and have good sex?

Speaking of, I walked back inside, in hopes of finding Zander. I had enough of being here and I wanted to go home.

I looked everywhere, although I couldn't find him. He wasn't among the dancing bodies, he wasn't in the kitchen or the bathroom.

I walked back to the lounge room area, it's where the majority of people were. I could see some people sitting on a couch towards the back, maybe one of them was him. I walked towards it, until all their faces were in view, and Zander was one of them.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. For the person that was sitting on his lap, kissing him, wasn't me. I turned around, is he seriously making out with somebody else? He has a boyfriend, me!

My eyes teared up. I could feel the salty tears run down my face almost immediately. The sound of the music had become so, so loud. I couldn't take it. I had to get out of here.

I ran, full speed towards the door. I ran out on to the road, and kept on running, and running. I had no idea where I was going, and my mind was clouded with emptiness.

Did Zander seriously just cheat on me, his boyfriend, with some other dirty hag? Maybe it wasn't him? Maybe it just looked like him and it was a figment of my imagination.

No. It was most definitely him.

I reached into my pocket. Turning off my phone before anyone would notice I was gone. I didn't want to deal with anyone. I felt heartbroken. Nothing like this had ever happened to me before. I had never had a boyfriend who cheated on me. How was I supposed to react other than heartbroken?

The one person who had finally made me feel like I belonged, was inside a random persons house, making out with another boy.

I wiped at my eyes, but the tears kept on coming. I didn't know where to go.

If anyone noticed that I was gone, they would go straight to either mine, Zander's or Pip's house. Where else could I go?

I finally stopped running and looked around. I couldn't really see where I was, it was almost pitch black.

I looked at the house on the corner. It looked so familiar. It was like the one at the forest.

Maybe that's where I am? The forest. Do I really want to go in there though? It's so dark. I refused to turn my phone on. And I had just witnessed my boyfriend making out with somebody that wasn't me. I wiped at my face again, clearing it of the tears. My sleeves had become wet.

I'm going to do it. Fuck it. What else have I got to lose if I manage to get killed by some random forest animal?

For all I know, I had no boyfriend anymore, I have no mother, even though my Dad was trying to get back in our lives, would he be that broken? Pip has other friend. Conan's strong, he would survive. What have I got to lose?

▪︎

lil bit short. only cause i didnt really want to write from ash's pov, but i thought it was necessary.

q: do you want to ask the characters some questions? put them here!!! i'll do a character q&a.

vote, comment, share, whatever

thanks lovelies <3