thirty one

quick authors note before we begin:
thank you so, so, so, so, SO much to everyone that has read this. i was only expecting to get no more than 1k reads, and now it's up to 19k!!! like what? i thought that i was so uncreative and this story was so boring, obviously its not what i think it is.
massive thank you to every reader that has been commenting and voting! my favourite thing to do is wake up every morning and read the new comments. i absolutely love it (even though some of them are pretty strange, we're not gonna go there...)
again, massive thank you to each and every one of you, keep on going!
read on:

asher
▪︎

"Where am I?" I hardly whispered out. I could hear the voices of people around me and the beeping of machines. I don't remember falling asleep, so how did I wake up here?

"Asher? Finally, you're awake!" Dad was standing to my left, holding my hand in his.

What the fuck?

"What are you doing?" I still couldn't completely see everything. My eyesight was blurry and it felt like I was high.

"You don't remember anything? Do you know who I am?" he started panicking, why wouldn't I know who he was? Seriously, what the fuck happened whilst I was sleeping?

"Why wouldn't I know who you are?" I took a moment to breathe, "Dad."

"Oh thank goodness, I thought you didn't remember us. That would have been horrible. Please never do that agai-"

"Whatever. How long have I been asleep for? You're acting like its been days," I rubbed at my eyes, clearing them of the sleep.

"Five days," what? Five days? A five day sleep? Fuck yeah.

"No wonder I'm so hungry!" I heard multiple laughs coming from around. How many people were in my room watching me sleep?

I tried sitting up, just to be pushed back down again, but it wasn't by Dad. "Conan? What are you doing?"

"Just rest up alrigh-"

"I don't need rest. You legit just said I'd been asleep for five days, how much rest do I need?" was everyone in some sort of delusion? Why is everyone acting as if I'm in a hospital or something.

"Oh, shit! Am I in the hospital?" I ask, no wonder everything is so weird. "Why the fuck am I in a hospital?"

"You had an accident. Got hypothermia. Have been asleep for five days. It's been very peaceful at home without you," I tried to hit Conan, but the cords connecting me to a machine stopped me. Seriously? I have so many questions right now.

"How did I manage to get hypothermia? And where's Zander?" I had only just thought of Zander. Where was he?

"Zander went to get us all food. He's been by your side the whole time. He can explain it all to you, he was the one that found you," I laid back against the bed. It was uncomfortable, but I guess it's as good as you're going to get in a shitty public hospital.

I rested my eyes again. I didn't feel like sleeping, but my eyelids were just so heavy. I couldn't help but want to fall back to sleep again.

▪︎

"Asher baby, wake up," I felt a hand on my shoulder, gently waking me up, "How are you feeling?" Zander was sitting by my side with a McDonald's bag on his lap.

"As good as I can I guess, everything is still really fuzzy. I don't really know what's going on," I said, taking a fry from his container.

"You don't remember anything? At all?" he sounded, relieved? Why would me not remembering be a good thing?