thirty two

asher
▪︎

"Are you not even going to hear him out? What if he is telling the truth?" Pip was sitting at the end of the hospital bed with her legs crossed and a cheeseboard in her lap.

Yes. A cheeseboard. When I said to bring a snack, I didn't mean three different varieties of cheese, dips, and biscuits. I meant donuts or tubs of ice cream. Pip is so fucking extra sometimes.

"I don't want to hear him out. I saw it with my own eyes," I cut a piece of parmesan and placed it on the biscuit.

"You're such a dumb slut Ash," I wanted to hit her, but I might spill the food, and the food was important.

"Thank you, I know."

"Anyway, did the doctors say when you're getting out. Being in a hospital for six days because of a little bit of hypothermia is a bit extreme, right?"

"Yeah. The only reason I'm not at home by now is because I was sleeping for so long. They didn't want to wake me up. Now that I'm awake though, they said they'd monitor me overnight, so I should be out hopefully in the next couple of hours if Dad does all his shit right," it was still only about ten in the morning. I wanted to leave, but I couldn't until Dad signed me out. Sad thing is that he got called in to work for a few hours this morning and I'd have to wait until he had finished. Which meant me staying in the hospital for longer than I needed or would like to.

I want to be home crying in my own bed, not this one.

▪︎

I was finally back at home and am curled up in my own bed sheets now. I had my headphones in, they were playing tracks by Yiruma. Only the perfect music to listen to whilst reading a good book.

No lyrics. Just soft and sad piano and violin. It was absolutely perfect. Call me an old fart, I don't care.

"Someone here and want's you," Conan quickly said before leaving just as quick. I had hardly even heard him. Who would be here to see me? I only saw Pip an hour ago, Isaiah was with Co, and if it were him, Co wouldn't have told me and dealt with it. I told them that I didn't want to see him, I didn't say why though. I wasn't in the mood to remember that again.

I placed the book down carefully on my bed so as to not ruin the pages, and placed my phone and headphones on top and left the comfort of my room.

When I walked down to the front door, no one was there and the door was shut, "Conan you dick, there's no one even here?" I yelled out, going to storm back up the stairs to punch the shit out of Co for making me get out of bed.

"Yes there is, hello," I jumped at the voice and turned around quickly. Why was he here?

"Mitchell? How do you know where I live," before he started talking again, I interrupted, "No, why are you even here?"

"Well, I have some explaining to do," huh? "Not for me, for someone els-"

"If it's about Zander, I don't want to hear it."

"I don't give a shit. I'm telling you, come on," he walked back into our living room, I reluctantly followed. I wanted to know what he had to say, but at the same time, all I want to do is curl up and block it all out.

"Okay, firstly. I know Zander might not be my best, best friend anymore, but he once was, so I know when he is being a sad sack of shit. Secondly, I know whatever it is you may have seen, it was not at all Zander's fault and he has a full explanation. I know because I was there, and I know who it was that was trying to mess with Zander."

"Alright then, who was it? I wanna know who it is I have kill," I wasn't holding back. I want to beat that little shit faced slut to a pulp.

"It was Jonas. He's my half brother. I hate him and he knows it. He only did that with Zander because he knew it would get to me. I told him that I wanted him to never, ever talk to my friends. So he is, one by one," this Jonas kid sounds like a right dick. My urge to kick his ass is just growing stronger and stronger.

"I don't even understand why he would sexually try to make a move on Zan since he has always said that his type is, as he quotes it, 'beefcake daddy'. Anyway, that's beside the point. Please, give him a chance, because I know he really, really likes you and he isn't a cheater. He would never betray someone like that," I wiped at my eyes, why am I such an emotional little bitch sometimes?

"I may not know you Asher, but please, trust him. I hate to see him so upset. And for some reason, he is really torn up about it right now. All I'm asking is that you talk to him. Let him explain."

"Alright. But I swear to God, if you're bullshitting me, you're next on my kill list," he stood up from the couch and headed toward the door.

"Thanks Asher," he opened the door and left.

I stood in the entry. I'm not going to lie. I miss the beautiful thoughts of Zander. I want him back. He's the first boy that I really, really like. The thought was floating in my mind. I might even be on the brink of loving him. He makes me feel so warm and fuzzy when he's around. I smile so brightly just at the thought of him. I want to have him in my life and in my future. I can't let him go off of something so weak.

I ran back up to my bedroom and went straight to my phone, opening my messages.

You know what? No. I'm not even going to message him. I chucked on my yellow hoodie, my favourite and his favourite, grabbed my phone, and left the room.

I barged into Conan's room, not even bothering to knock on the door.

"Come on, I need a lift," I didn't even explain why, I just headed straight out of the room, down the stairs, out of the house, and stood by our truck. Soon enough, Conan followed out and jumped in.

"What are you doing?" he asked, turning the truck on and backing out of the driveway.

"Don't talk. Just drive."

"You haven't told me where too?" shit. He's right.

"Are you thick? Zander's dumb ass. Where else?" I was a bit harsh, I didn't care though. I just needed to see him.

He hit the pedal and soon enough, we were pulled in front of the cute little house of his grandparents.

"Thanks bro! You can go home now. Bye," I slammed the truck door shut and ran straight for his front door.

I knocked as hard as I could, until it opened. He was standing there in the red hoodie we both loved. I couldn't waste another moment.

I didn't care about the explanation. All I wanted to do was kiss him, so that's exactly what I did.

▪︎

ooh yeah. sorry guys, i do love yall.
what are your thoughts?

q: at the start, I asked who your favourite character was. but who is it now?

vote, comment, share, whatever

thanks lovelies <3